MBR1400V2 with Multi_carrier

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jmsslalom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MBR1400V2 with Multi_carrier

Post by jmsslalom »

I recently purchased a MBR1400V4 with multicarrier, for US Cellular. Looking to find out what additional configurations are needed in the device to allow my US Cellular chip to work. I inserted the chip, powered up.. Does not connect to the to tower... went into the Admin configuration. I can see the Cradlepoint device sees my chip and it's trying to connect... but then goes into suspend.. then tried again etc..

Looking to find out the additional configurations needed to allow the chip to work and connect to the cell tower.
Do I need to add the ICCID... and/or IMSI information or other? If so, where to enter in the Admin mode.

thanks
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: MBR1400V2 with Multi_carrier

Post by JimHelms »

A suspend can occur if the carrier is rejecting the SIM Card to be registered on the network.

This happens mainly when the SIM Card is not properly activated, or the cellular plan is not compatible with the device, or the wrong APN is being used.

What type of device is the SIM Card and plan attached to?

I believe the US Cellular firmware for the Cradlepoint has the APN "internet" but it may well require a different one.

You may have to manually set a different APN for US Cellular. See THIS tutorial on adding an APN to the Cradlepoint.

You might also call US Cellular and ask them to reactivate the plan to the SIM card being used.

Return to “General and Unclassified”