Simplemobile stopped working

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
fmj435

Simplemobile stopped working

Post by fmj435 »

I have a wg3526 with a em7565 and I activated a sim from simple mobile last Friday and everything worked great until last night when a few things updated on steam and the data just shut off and has not worked since. SIgnal isn't great (can't wait for those antennas to come in stock) but it's unchanged. Things were working great up to that point. Is there anything I can try or is it time to get a new sim and try some other Tmobile provider? The cell antenna is rural and there really just can't be a lot of people on it so it's strange this would happen and I have powered it on and off quite a few times. Thanks for any help.
gscheb

Re: Simplemobile stopped working

Post by gscheb »

Could just try TMobile itself.
BillA

Post by BillA »

fmj435 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:13 pm I have a wg3526 with a em7565 and I activated a sim from simple mobile last Friday and everything worked great until last night when a few things updated on steam and the data just shut off and has not worked since. SIgnal isn't great (can't wait for those antennas to come in stock) but it's unchanged. Things were working great up to that point. Is there anything I can try or is it time to get a new sim and try some other Tmobile provider? The cell antenna is rural and there really just can't be a lot of people on it so it's strange this would happen and I have powered it on and off quite a few times. Thanks for any help.

Looks like you've used up the first 5gigs of included hotspot data which has stopped your connection.
Try TTL settings 64/64/65/66 and see which one restarts your data. After each change make sure to press SAVE/APPLY and reboot your router.
tunamali
Been thanked: 0

Post by tunamali »

After trying to tinker around last night (first it was bad sim connection) I finally got simplemobile working, don't know what I did after one of the reboots it started to work
(In case it helps anyone, TTL set to 65, apn set to "simple", provider on network status page after connecting was HOME, picked the $50 non hotspot plan, we826, mc7455)

EDIT: I've been messing around with it more, I cant for the life of me figure out exactly what it is.
Sometimes it connects, most of the time it doesnt. If I get a connection and then reboot the modem, no longer works.
Data usage is showing as normal and not hotspot so that's good I guess, just can't connect.
fmj435

Post by fmj435 »

Thanks Bill that worked for me. I initially thought everything was fine since it worked right away without changing anything. Makes sense now though. Thanks again.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”