NEXQ6GO sim slot wont see sim

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
mezmerizz0454

NEXQ6GO sim slot wont see sim

Post by mezmerizz0454 »

I just got a NEXQ6GO and installed a EM12-G Modem but my sim slot wont see the sim info.
I used these commands
Sim status
AT+QSIMSTAT?
got 0,0

then
AT+CPIN?
got error

i popped the sim in 2 other WE826-T2 and it worked fine in them..
has anyone seen this with the NexQ6GO?
BillA

Re: NEXQ6GO sim slot wont see sim

Post by BillA »

There may be nothing wrong with the sim card or the slot, make sure your modem is being recognized by the router.
Go to Modem > Modem > Network Status and check the modem ID / Modem IMEI
If it's not populated then there's a modem issue which you must solve first before being able to see the sim card's info.
If it's populated then try a different sim card for testing purposes.
If you are using an M.2 to mPCIe adapter, then try the sim card in the adapter's slot.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

mezmerizz0454 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:38 pm I just got a NEXQ6GO and installed a EM12-G Modem but my sim slot wont see the sim info.

What Mini PCI-E to M.2 adapter are you using?
mezmerizz0454

Post by mezmerizz0454 »

i am using
Mini PCI-E to M.2 (NGFF) Key B Adapter with Top SIM Card Slot
from the The Wireless Haven site.
also it is showing me the modem info and IMEI as well.
is there a setting in the NEXQ6go i need to adjust?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

mezmerizz0454 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:53 am i am using Mini PCI-E to M.2 (NGFF) Key B Adapter with Top SIM Card Slot from the The Wireless Haven site.
I have only seen one or two of these adapters that were bad but there are lot of similar adapters where the router cannot read the SIM Card. So it is always a possibility.

Are you using a SIM Card adapter? If so, that would be my first guess.

Probably 85% of all SIM card reading (and other strange random issues) can be contributed to the SIM Card adapter and/or the SIM card installation within the adapter. The cardboard adapters give a lot more issues than the metal adapters.

All of the tits/tabs should be removed/sanded off all sides of the SIM Card, and it should fit easily into the adapter--not tight and not too loose.

I also like to add a piece of clear scotch tape over the back of the adapter and trim the excess with a razor blade. I do this on all adapters, whether plastic, cardboard or metal.
mezmerizz0454

Post by mezmerizz0454 »

im using Mini PCI-E to M.2 (NGFF) Key B Adapter with Top SIM Card Slot as an adapter for the EM12 but im not using the sim card slot on that modem adapter, im using the one on the side of the NexQ6go and im using the sim card adapter that came in the box, its the plastic one Noosy which always seem to work well
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

mezmerizz0454 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:27 am im using Mini PCI-E to M.2 (NGFF) Key B Adapter with Top SIM Card Slot as an adapter for the EM12 but im not using the sim card slot on that modem adapter, im using the one on the side of the NexQ6go and im using the sim card adapter that came in the box, its the plastic one Noosy which always seem to work well
Try the SIM Card adapter adjustment mentioned above so that it may be eliminated as a possible culprit.

The Noosy adapters are known for these type of issues.
mezmerizz0454

Post by mezmerizz0454 »

Ok i put the tape on the back side and trimmed it
IMG_6236.jpg
and here it is before i put it back in router
IMG_6238.jpg
it did have a bit more resistance but still went in easy
but no luck on router seeing it.
I'm not opposed to using the internal sim card holder on the modem adapter, if i put a sim in it will it auto-magically see it or is there a setting i need to adjust to make it look at the modem adapter sim slot?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

It appears from your image that the SIM Card is not seated properly in the SIM Card adapter. It looks to be raised on one side, which will not allow the pins in the SIM Card slot to properly seat against the metal contacts on the SIM Card.

Again, for best results, remove all of the tabs/tits from the SIM card (making all of the sides flat) using a fine piece of paper or emory board laid flat onto of a desk. The SIM Card must fit freely into the adapter where it lays perfectly flat, not too loose to not tight.
mezmerizz0454

Post by mezmerizz0454 »

Yea I definitely should used a better pic :)
mezmerizz0454

Post by mezmerizz0454 »

i wanted to update this,, i moved the modem and adapter card to a different NexQ6GO and the problem followed the modem/adapter so as of now im thinking its the adapter card i will update with info once i try a different modem adapter card.

Update: The modem adapter card was the cause of my issues it has been replaced an everything is working fine.

Return to “General and Unclassified”