WE826 2 Antenna

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
fux0r360

WE826 2 Antenna

Post by fux0r360 »

Hi,

I am one of the castaways from Impact Wireless/One World Order Wireless that recently dumped all of their clients onto another company while the quality turned crappy then selling us new gear as a possible solution before bailing on us.
Unreal.

Anyway, they pawned one of the WE826 and an "Alicorn" Wingle along with it.

I have noticed that my version of the 826 only has 2 antenna while all of the ones I find online are 4.
Can someone explain why mine isnt as cool with only 2. And does it matter?
Is there an addon I can get to will help my service? Im very close to finding a different provider. Im a power user living in the woods so finding decent service has been a challenge.

I thank you for your time
Didneywhorl

Re: WE826 2 Antenna

Post by Didneywhorl »

Can you link us a picture to your 826? Also what is the exact model on the sticker on the bottom? I'm curious.

If your a power user youll likely want to look into the WG3526 router, or the poe version WG3526P, or wait for info on the latest WG1608 router. The WG3526 is a favorite of mine and is equipped with "gigabit" LAN and, like the 826 can take a modem directly or via usb tether. Then you can geek out over high gain antennas to get that signal game up.
BillA

Post by BillA »

fux0r360 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm Hi,

I am one of the castaways from Impact Wireless/One World Order Wireless that recently dumped all of their clients onto another company while the quality turned crappy then selling us new gear as a possible solution before bailing on us.
Unreal.

Anyway, they pawned one of the WE826 and an "Alicorn" Wingle along with it.

I have noticed that my version of the 826 only has 2 antenna while all of the ones I find online are 4.
Can someone explain why mine isnt as cool with only 2. And does it matter?
Is there an addon I can get to will help my service? Im very close to finding a different provider. Im a power user living in the woods so finding decent service has been a challenge.

I thank you for your time

A real WE826 usually comes with 4 antennas, 2 for mobile and 2 for WiFi 2G.
It's possible that they are using two internal antennas for either mobile or WiFi, but that's not a good idea given the metal shielding of the router, unless yours is the plastic version.
fux0r360

Post by fux0r360 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:05 pm Can you link us a picture to your 826? Also what is the exact model on the sticker on the bottom? I'm curious.

If your a power user youll likely want to look into the WG3526 router, or the poe version WG3526P, or wait for info on the latest WG1608 router. The WG3526 is a favorite of mine and is equipped with "gigabit" LAN and, like the 826 can take a modem directly or via usb tether. Then you can geek out over high gain antennas to get that signal game up.
the exact model on sticker says Model: WE826
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

fux0r360 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:00 pm the exact model on sticker says Model: WE826
Maybe a picture of the unit and one of bottom where model sticker is. Without that info really hard to give you advice.
fux0r360

Post by fux0r360 »

Image Image Image Image Image
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Looks like you are missing the jumper to modem. Chances are the modem is not installed either. Follow the links in this thread to see whats inside https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=74
fux0r360

Post by fux0r360 »

Thank you all so much for the insights & tips.

As I was searching for the above mentioned routers, I saw this:
https://www.ebay.com/i/133052218750?chn ... U4QAvD_BwE

The only reason I throw this out there is because I have a dish setup from former home owners that was from Hughsnet. When the house was built (in 2000), they installed a hughsnet dish to the house. So the house is wired to that dish outside.
Im wondering if there is a way to utilize that outside dish in all of this?

I can send pics of the home setup if you have any interest.

I so appreciate everyones time. FYI, I am capable of wiring, soldering, programming, hacking, torching and pretty capable of most tasks.

Will send pics of inside my router when i get home from work.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

fux0r360 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:34 am Thank you all so much for the insights & tips.

As I was searching for the above mentioned routers, I saw this:
https://www.ebay.com/i/133052218750?chn ... U4QAvD_BwE

The only reason I throw this out there is because I have a dish setup from former home owners that was from Hughsnet. When the house was built (in 2000), they installed a hughsnet dish to the house. So the house is wired to that dish outside.
Im wondering if there is a way to utilize that outside dish in all of this?

I can send pics of the home setup if you have any interest.

I so appreciate everyones time. FYI, I am capable of wiring, soldering, programming, hacking, torching and pretty capable of most tasks.

Will send pics of inside my router when i get home from work.
I would encourage you to experiment! You can see some of mine here https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=639

Just remember you need two (2) antennas for best performance on LTE.
fux0r360

Post by fux0r360 »

Wow. I had no idea there was a world like this. I also have a spare Dish that I found layin around when we moved here. Direct TV dish with everything to it.

Ok first things first: Inside the router

Then my other junk:
Image Image Image
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

You are missing the adapter, modem and jumpers:

Adapter: (for EM series modems): https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/pcie-m-2/m-2-ng ... card-slot/

There is also adapter for MC series modems but do not see in store.

Jumpers Pigtails (for EM series modems): https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/cables/pigtail- ... il-cables/

Modems: https://thewirelesshaven.com/product-category/modems/

SMA to F-Type https://amzn.to/2Y5IuOQ

Your cable for satellite dish is 75 Ohm. This type of equipment / antennas is designed for 50 Ohm. I use 75 Ohm all the time even though frowned upon. I am a experimenter and really do not care what other think about my projects or what I use to build them :)
fux0r360

Post by fux0r360 »

thank you so much for all of the insight. I will probably have alot of lame newbie questions. I hope you all dont mind.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

fux0r360 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 pm thank you so much for all of the insight. I will probably have alot of lame newbie questions. I hope you all dont mind.
I do not mind at all. We all started out by learning. Burn some solder and build something :)

There are a lot of good and knowledgeable people here, so rest of you ole pros jump in...
fux0r360

Post by fux0r360 »

This is the thing they sent with this router thats supposed to be plugged in with it. It has two removable antennae also but they dont stay in and they are very clunky

terryjett

Post by terryjett »

fux0r360 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:50 pm This is the thing they sent with this router thats supposed to be plugged in with it. It has two removable antennae also but they dont stay in and they are very clunky

Oh wow. That is a piece of work there. I would say those were surplus (bought cheap on ebay in bulk) and they used because adapter / modem was too expensive. Don't get me wrong, it can work, but like you point out keeping antennas plugged in is pain - without rubber bands.

Using the first info I gave you, go through the links and login to router (plugin ethernet cable, load up http://192.168.1.1 and press login). Go to the Modem / Network Status. You should see "prev modem / next modem" buttons. There will be no modem present. Plug your USB modem into USB port, give it minute and look again using the prev/next buttons. Should start see some info about your USB modem.

Best advice is to go back through entire setup using links I gave you early on. Only way to learn is follow Jim's tutorials.

The USB modem will act pretty much like any EM / MC modem installed in the internal slot, it is just plugged into the outside USB port on WE826.
fux0r360

Post by fux0r360 »

10-4

FYI: I also have a Linksys/cicso router that I used when I had DSL before moving to the woods. I bet I can utilize it somehow in all of this mess.

I will dig around your replies and other posts. Hopefully I wont go awol. hehe
fux0r360

Post by fux0r360 »

So this is strange. I slapped it all together and put in an inactive sim card (when the company sent us new sim cards, they sent me two for some reason at different times). I only activated one card and its the one I have been using. Anyway,
I put it in the USB MIFI Dongle for shits and giggles, come to find, its working.
It would only have just started working because I tried using it awhile ago and it didnt work at all before. I even have an email on the admin panel:

Welcome to T-Mobile For Business! You have 24/7 support. See why business is better with The Un-carrier: t-mo.co/2kdXWbj. Your mobile number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anybody know whats going on. Im feeling like its sthe twilight zone with this whole thing.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

"Anybody know whats going on. Im feeling like its sthe twilight zone with this whole thing."

I am afraid you will have to be the one to answer your own question :)

Maybe SIM card was not set right or they took their sweet time activating. Could be number of things.
BillA

Post by BillA »

fux0r360 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:18 pm So this is strange. I slapped it all together and put in an inactive sim card (when the company sent us new sim cards, they sent me two for some reason at different times). I only activated one card and its the one I have been using. Anyway,
I put it in the USB MIFI Dongle for shits and giggles, come to find, its working.
It would only have just started working because I tried using it awhile ago and it didnt work at all before. I even have an email on the admin panel:

Welcome to T-Mobile For Business! You have 24/7 support. See why business is better with The Un-carrier: t-mo.co/2kdXWbj. Your mobile number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anybody know whats going on. Im feeling like its sthe twilight zone with this whole thing.

It's always a good idea to test a sim in a phone first, and be able to browse the web before moving it into a router. Router's have dozens of settings which can cause even a perfectly functioning sim in a phone not work.

Return to “ZBT Routers”