AT&T plan options ?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
scottfree
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

AT&T plan options ?

Post by scottfree »

So like most others my ATT tablet plan was axed, Ive since tried Sprint and Verizon but my signal isnt that good for them, Im willing to pay just to get back on ATT. My question is are the postpaid phone plans working or do I have to go with a reseller route?
Oomps

Re: AT&T plan options ?

Post by Oomps »

I just went through an ordeal with them, also had by $35 Ipad service canceled.

I ordered the "AT&T PREPAID Unlimited Plus" which is $50/month after the $25 discount for autopay with Hotspotting. Got the SIM yesterday, plugged it in and it activated and would connect to service but I could not send or receive data. SMS messaging worked and could do DNS requests but Pings would immediately fail. Called them this morning and they told me that it was due to purchasing a phone plan...Switched to some 10Gig hotspot for $50/month plan and now works. We'll find out if it's deprioritization after the cap or not soon. If I get throttled, I'm switching to TMobile because I could not find a ATT plan other than what I now have.

Maybe Postpaid would work? If you have any luck let us know as I have a feeling I'm going to get throttled.

Update: Just past 10Gig on At&t Prepaid, they lied. You lose all service after your allocated data is used with no deprioritization or throttling no matter what they say. You're just cut off...On to the next plan I suppose
scottfree
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AT&T plan options ?

Post by scottfree »

Ok thanks for the info, Ive heard that people are not having success with any of the pre paid plans and that prepaid plan has overages for data usage, but was curious if anyone has been able to get post paid phone plans working? I went to ATT and the only way they would let me get a post paid unlimited tablet plan was to open a phone line then add the tablet plan to that... which at this point I would do if it worked for sure, but I just really hope the ATT post paid phone plans work.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”