EM7511 + Rooter = SIM with no 4g data

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
mrdeadlocked
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EM7511 + Rooter = SIM with no 4g data

Post by mrdeadlocked »

I just tried my Verizon Sim card in my EM7511 USB enclosure connected to a WRT1900ac with rooter on it. APN set for VZWINTERNET. I had data for about 3 minutes enough to run the DL portion of a speed test. Now it just sits at connecting. I popped the sim back into a phone and I can make calls, but I get no 4g data. Could my em7511 be doing something that the carriers do not like?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: EM7511 + Rooter = SIM with no 4g data

Post by JimHelms »

Verizon may well be snooping the IMEI of the device, and discovered it did not match that of the plan.

Run the following command copy and paste what it returns. That will allow us to take a look and connection stats:

Code: Select all

AT!GSTATUS?
BillA

Post by BillA »

mrdeadlocked wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:14 pm I just tried my Verizon Sim card in my EM7511 USB enclosure connected to a WRT1900ac with rooter on it. APN set for VZWINTERNET. I had data for about 3 minutes enough to run the DL portion of a speed test. Now it just sits at connecting. I popped the sim back into a phone and I can make calls, but I get no 4g data. Could my em7511 be doing something that the carriers do not like?

In the router make sure that the APN is still set to "VZWINTERNET" and the TTL to 117 (I use 100 so you can try that too).
Power off both the router and modem, then power on the modem first, wait a minute, and finally the router then wait a minute before testing your data.
If still no data, it's possible that all your hotspot data has been used up during the initial data testing, and now it only works in a phone, or maybe they blocked your modem by its imei. In the router, go to AT commands, enter AT!GSTATUS? and post the stats here.
Run the above power off/on test first, then go from there.
mrdeadlocked

Post by mrdeadlocked »

I have visible working for the moment in my EM7511 + WRT1900ACv2 (rooter'ed). I've got a pageplus sim on the way and plan on giving that a try. I will come back here when everything comes in. :-)
scottfree

Post by scottfree »

Verizon flagged my sim, not sure if this is related
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kz43 ... d-t-mobile
BillA

Post by BillA »

scottfree wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:09 pm Verizon flagged my sim, not sure if this is related
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kz43 ... d-t-mobile

You could try PagePlus a Verizon based prepaid service, they have less stricter rules on swapping sim cards from one device to another, and it costs only $55 for unlimited data.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”