WE826-T help

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
GunGuy
Has thanked: 0

WE826-T help

Post by GunGuy »

As I stated in a few of my post I acquired a few WE826-T devices, I found they are using a Quectel EC25-A. I purchased a OTR Mobile unlimited T-Mobile data plan and I am getting no connection at all. I put the sim in and ran a speed test with cheap internal antennas and got 0.31 mbps. I unplugged the device and installed an external antenna, powered it back on. I have not been able to reestablish a connection since, I tried the sim in 2 different devices and still no joy. I had a friend try and help me but with my software he couldn't find a (TTY?) setting he was looking for. This is what I have, is there something better out there?

Hostname OpenWrt
Model AWF-5G
Firmware Version 1.1
Kernel Version 3.10.44
Local Time Sun May 17 19:09:12 2020
Uptime 0h 46m 21s
Load Average 0.16, 0.06, 0.06
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE826-T help

Post by JimHelms »

You may want to flash the router with the newest WiFiX version of GoldenOrb.

It has a custom TTL tab and a choice of TTL settings.

For best results, I would use the Firmware Recovery Method to flash it.
GunGuy

Post by GunGuy »

Thanks JimHelms, is there a flash your router for dummies guide in here I have been searching and reading for hours and have only managed to get a headache. Most of the guides assume you know what you are doing. I have managed to brick one modem following the ROOTter by of Modems and Men.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

GunGuy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:52 pm Thanks JimHelms, is there a flash your router for dummies guide in here I have been searching and reading for hours and have only managed to get a headache. Most of the guides assume you know what you are doing. I have managed to brick one modem following the ROOTter by of Modems and Men.
You are the first one I have ever heard of bricking a modem by flashing a router with firmware. Router firmware does not change modem settings best of my knowledge.

There is a PDF on the letfix.com site. PDF display seems to be broken there, so here is PDF:

https://thewirelesshaven.com/wp-content/uploads/L ... rmware.pdf

You might also look under "ROUTER DEVICES / Tutorials" in this forum. Simple look I found https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=233 and "Step Two" link may be of interest to you.
GunGuy

Post by GunGuy »

Ok I made a little headway, found that I had a bad Ethernet cable causing the software not to load. I was able to load the WiFiX software (I thought it was the firmware recover method causing the problem at first or I would have loaded it as suggested). I ran through several check as suggested in several different pages on the site still no Joy. I was trying to find some specific AT commands for my setup, any suggestions?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The Quectels are pretty straightforward

The only AT command that really comes in handy is

Code: Select all

AT+QCFG="NWSCANMODE",3,1
This forces it to only use LTE bands

Are you looking for anything in particular?

The entire AT command reference is free at Quectels website.
GunGuy

Post by GunGuy »

I really appreciate all the help from you guys. I did figure out what I did wrong between all the links provided and searching past post. Now I just have to find some antennas since the T-Mobile signal is nowhere near as strong advertised.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”