WE826 not getting an internet connection

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Jaybuds
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826 not getting an internet connection

Post by Jaybuds »

Hello The Wireless Haven community :) I'm having trouble figuring out why I can't get connected to the internet. I followed the tutorials and also did the troubleshooting page. I know the sim is good because I put it into my R850 and get internet just not very consistent and signal isnt the best.

On the troubleshooting page:

CHECK THE CORRECT APN HAS BEEN ENTERED: Sprint r.ispsn

CHECK TO ASSURE THE ROUTER IS DETECTING THE MC7455: Wed Oct 10 21:46:44 2018 : Modem #1 Connected (Sierra_Wireless,_Incorporated Sierra_Wireless_MC7455_Qualcomm®_Snapdragon™_X7_LTE-A)

CHECKING THE SIM CARD CONNECTION: came back as ready,

After I read a post about someone else not getting internet so I did the AT!LTEINFO? which returns:

Code: Select all

!LTEINFO: 
Serving:   EARFCN MCC MNC   TAC      CID Bd D U SNR PCI  RSRQ   RSRP   RSSI RXLV
            41474 310 120 17940 08C12B08 41 5 5   3 335 -10.2 -112.6  -82.5  11

IntraFreq:                                          PCI  RSRQ   RSRP   RSSI RXLV
                                                    335 -10.2 -112.6  -82.5  11

InterFreq: EARFCN ThresholdLow ThresholdHi Priority PCI  RSRQ   RSRP   RSSI RXLV
            41276            0           0        5 335  -9.7 -107.8  -90.4   0

GSM:       ThreshL ThreshH Prio NCC ARFCN 1900 valid BSIC RSSI RXLV

WCDMA:     UARFCN ThreshL ThreshH Prio PSC   RSCP  ECN0 RXLV

CDMA 1x:   Chan BC Offset Phase Str

CDMA HRPD: Chan BC Offset Phase Str

OK
Also here is the at!gstatus? command which returns:

at!gstatus?
!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  5895		Temperature: 46
Reset Counter: 1		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B41    		LTE bw:      20 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   41276		LTE Tx chan: 41276
LTE CA state:  NOT ASSIGNED
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Idle       
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -80		RSRP (dBm):  -112
PCC RxD RSSI:  -83		RSRP (dBm):  -112
Tx Power:      0		TAC:         4614 (17940)
RSRQ (dB):     -8.5		Cell ID:     08C12B0E (146877198)
SINR (dB):      6.2

OK
I have external Yagi antennas but I dont want to go through the trouble of setting them up until I know the internet is working. I know the RSSI is a little high but it should be good enough to get a indication. Also i set the modem firmware to generic and reset with no internet still.

P.S This is a Calyx/Mobile Citizen hotspot on the Sprint network

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know what other info you need.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WE826 not getting an internet connection

Post by JimHelms »

First, make certain your APN is correctly entered as r.ispsn (assuming that is the APN used in your hotspot) with no spaces before or after the APN, and Save and Apply.

If you are not absolutely certain that r.ispsn is the correct APN used by the hotspot, then put the SIM card into the hotspot and verify what APN is being used. While you are there, update the User Profile and PRL (Preferred Roaming List).

If the APN is not correct, we can easily waste a lot of needless time troubleshooting an issue.

Thereafter, lets start with making sure the modem is configured correctly. I assume you are using the GENERIC firmware on the MC7455 and have not updated it to the Sprint firmware (which will not work unless the MC7455 is provisioned via Sprint).

Go to MODEM > MISCELLANEOUS > AT-COMMAND TERMINAL and run the following commands one at a time, waiting for a response from the modem before entering the next:

at!entercnd="A710"
at!usbcomp=1,1,1009
at!custom="IPV6ENABLE",1
at+cfun=1
at+cgdcont=1,"ipv4v6","r.ispsn"
at!reset
Wait for about 15 seconds after entering the last command, and remove/unplug the power into the router.

Wait another 15 seconds and power back up the router and see what happens.
Jaybuds

Post by Jaybuds »

Hey Jim thanks for the quick response, I'll have to login to the hotspot when I get home and see if the APN is correct, I have a feeling that could be the problem. As far as the AT commands I've ran that part twice now so the modem should be setup correct, but I will check APN and do the modem setup again when I get home. Again thanks a bunch Jim!!
Jaybuds

Post by Jaybuds »

So i'm not sure what was different but today it seems to be working fine, Im not sure what the final solution was but I'm very grateful for the help!!!!

Return to “General and Unclassified”