Best Omnidirectional Antenna for B25/B26?

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Cheburashka
Has thanked: 0

Best Omnidirectional Antenna for B25/B26?

Post by Cheburashka »

I am currently using two Proxicast whip antennas but they are pretty mediocre.

I do not have line of sight to the tower, so this is why an omnidirectional antenna would work well. I prefer to keep it inside the house but I can also just put an outdoor antenna inside as well. I need Band 26 & 25.

What is recommended?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Best Omnidirectional Antenna for B25/B26?

Post by JimHelms »

Proper antenna selection depends on a number of factors. And, unfortunately, there is no single solution that works in all situations.

Options for antenna placement can often dictate antenna selection. And, optimal antenna placement can often be trial and error.

We had one creative customer who built a small two foot shelf and installed two of THESE Omni antennas under the shelf. He then installed his router on the top of the shelf. After trying various locations he ended up mounting the shelf directly above a window frame with the antennas in front of the glass.

There is no reason this concept could not work for most any omni (or directional) antenna. It would sure save on running lengths of low loss cables.
Frankhah
Been thanked: 0

Best Omnidirectional Antenna for B25/B26

Post by Frankhah »

thanks for the help.

I just got the antenna today and hope to have it up and working over the weekend. Ill let you know and thanks again.
Cheburashka

Re: Best Omnidirectional Antenna for B25/B26

Post by Cheburashka »

Svenhah wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:23 am Just as an idea ... the FM broadcast band is in the middle of the old VHF television band... so a directional antenna designed for the old VHF band should work. One caveat, a very few more sophisticated antennas had FM traps ... so avoid those
This is obviously signature spam.

VHF band is totally different freq than LTE.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”