MOFI IMEI blacked by T-mobile

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
premansh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MOFI IMEI blacked by T-mobile

Post by premansh »

Hi,

Is there any ways to mask or change the IMEI on MOFI? Looks like my unit got blocked by T-mobile.
Didneywhorl

Re: MOFI IMEI blacked by T-mobile

Post by Didneywhorl »

There is a way, but we do not post that information on this forum for legality liability reasons. The information is on the web, just not here.
BillA

Post by BillA »

premansh wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:11 am Hi,

Is there any ways to mask or change the IMEI on MOFI? Looks like my unit got blocked by T-mobile.

Doubt it was blocked by Tmobile, it's usually done by ATT.
What's the issue you're having in details?
A.Bursell

Post by A.Bursell »

Just adding - I have a Mofi that is blacklisted by Verizon. I had 4GAntennaShop service for a little while with both Verizon and then AT&T service. I remember before I left I tried to switch back to Verizon and they told me they weren't selling Verizon service anymore. Low and behold, years later I try to use Verizon on my own with the Mofi and it's blacklisted. Apparently some type of billing issue between 4GAS and Vz that had nothing to do with me (I always paid my bill), but Vz decided to blacklist everything on the account at the time. I tried to explain the situation to Vz but never got anywhere and eventually gave up. Still works on At&T though.
BillA

Post by BillA »

A.Bursell wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:30 pm Just adding - I have a Mofi that is blacklisted by Verizon. I had 4GAntennaShop service for a little while with both Verizon and then AT&T service. I remember before I left I tried to switch back to Verizon and they told me they weren't selling Verizon service anymore. Low and behold, years later I try to use Verizon on my own with the Mofi and it's blacklisted. Apparently some type of billing issue between 4GAS and Vz that had nothing to do with me (I always paid my bill), but Vz decided to blacklist everything on the account at the time. I tried to explain the situation to Vz but never got anywhere and eventually gave up. Still works on At&T though.

Usually you can have a sim card activated in a regular phone, then once you made a test call, insert it into the router. Sometimes they catch onto it, sometimes they don't. Just don't activate it with the router's IMEI or with the sim card inside the router at first. Also don't let your monthly payment lapse, otherwise they will catch onto your router upon reactivation. Your mileage may vary.
A.Bursell

Post by A.Bursell »

BillA wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:56 pm Usually you can have a sim card activated in a regular phone, then once you made a test call, insert it into the router. Sometimes they catch onto it, sometimes they don't. Just don't activate it with the router's IMEI or with the sim card inside the router at first. Also don't let your monthly payment lapse, otherwise they will catch onto your router upon reactivation. Your mileage may vary.
I actually activated it in a Vz hotspot, they had some type of unlimited hotspot prepaid plan at the time - don't remember the exact details. But as soon as I transferred the SIM to the Mofi it was no-go. When I started troubleshooting is when I learned all of this.
BillA

Post by BillA »

A.Bursell wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:20 pm I actually activated it in a Vz hotspot, they had some type of unlimited hotspot prepaid plan at the time - don't remember the exact details. But as soon as I transferred the SIM to the Mofi it was no-go. When I started troubleshooting is when I learned all of this.

The likely problem is that the initial activation got the hotspot's imei registered. Always use an actual Verizon phone's imei and the sim card inserted into the phone for the initial activation, then move the sim around. Verizon is really picky about this, and activating it in a hotspot/router/modem will definitely caus issues. It's too late now, they've got the hotspot's imei on file, though you could try to activate a new line using a phone, and even then there's no guarantees.
premansh

Post by premansh »

BillA wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:07 pm Doubt it was blocked by Tmobile, it's usually done by ATT.
What's the issue you're having in details?
I was using MOFI for a couple of months with my Tmobile table unlimited data plan and all of a sudden the data stopped and I can not access any internet. I called Tmobile and they said everything seems to be good from their end, so I assumed that the IMEI is blocked, but the SIM card works when inserted into the tablet.
BillA

Post by BillA »

premansh wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 pm I was using MOFI for a couple of months with my Tmobile table unlimited data plan and all of a sudden the data stopped and I can not access any internet. I called Tmobile and they said everything seems to be good from their end, so I assumed that the IMEI is blocked, but the SIM card works when inserted into the tablet.

Another likely scenario could be that the hotspot data has been used up, and the router's TTL is not set up properly, therefore no data. Try setting the TTL to 64 or 65 (try both only one should work), and of course make sure the APN is set to "fast.t-mobile.com" (without the quotes).
premansh

Post by premansh »

I tried all the settings. Also, my plan includes an unlimited 3 g hotspot so I should get at least something.
Something similar happened to my Nighthawk MR1100 and it went to broadband disconnected status.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”