EM20-G Firmware update

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
saw2645
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EM20-G Firmware update

Post by saw2645 »

Looking at trouble shooting my EM20-G frequent disconnects. I have replaced my aux power cable to my USB adapter, and plugged in to a separate power supply away from my R7800 router, maybe that will help.

In addition, I have located the Quectel Qflash app and firmware. But I’m having trouble with accessing the comm port.

I don’t know if you can point me in the right direction. I’m using the https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/pcie-m-2/m-2-ng ... -card-slot. On a windows 10 laptop. I’m connecting the usb cable directly to the adapter and the laptop usb3. I can see the EM20-G in my devices, it’s using the generic adapter driver, I can’t find any drivers for the EM20-G. I can open the Qflash app, load the firehose, but I’m having no luck with the usb-dm com port, I only have com ports 3, 4 and 5 available, and none of them work. Thanks for your time.
BillA

Re: EM20-G Firmware update

Post by BillA »

saw2645 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:42 pm Looking at trouble shooting my EM20-G frequent disconnects. I have replaced my aux power cable to my USB adapter, and plugged in to a separate power supply away from my R7800 router, maybe that will help.

In addition, I have located the Quectel Qflash app and firmware. But I’m having trouble with accessing the comm port.

I don’t know if you can point me in the right direction. I’m using the https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/pcie-m-2/m-2-ng ... -card-slot. On a windows 10 laptop. I’m connecting the usb cable directly to the adapter and the laptop usb3. I can see the EM20-G in my devices, it’s using the generic adapter driver, I can’t find any drivers for the EM20-G. I can open the Qflash app, load the firehose, but I’m having no luck with the usb-dm com port, I only have com ports 3, 4 and 5 available, and none of them work. Thanks for your time.

The most common issue connected to a pc is due to the USB3 port or lack of power, and incompatibility with a Linux based router.
Try connecting the modem to the pc via a powered USB2 hub. You can tell the difference between a USB2 vs USB3 hub by looking inside one of the sockets, on a USB2 it's either black or white, while on a USB3 it's always blue.
To get around a Linux router's incompatibility, you could downgrade the modem's firmware or just wait for the next firmware update with the proper fix.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: EM20-G Firmware update

Post by JimHelms »

You may find this helpful:

Downgrading the Firmware on the Quectel EM20-G.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”