EM7565 Verizon support

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Lbnaz
Has thanked: 0

EM7565 Verizon support

Post by Lbnaz »

I have try to get the EM7565 through a WE1326 router running Golden Orb on my verizon unlimited account. first tryed with tablet plan sim activated on a tablet. Verizon deregistered me.
I the thought that I would just get the modem registered as a USB modem since it is shown supported under the development section.
I spent a long time with Verizon and in the end they said that their netowrk no longer supports this modem and I cannot get it on their Network. Anybody have any luck using this on a Verizon Unlimited Account?
What did you do to get it on their network?
swwifty

Re: EM7565 Verizon support

Post by swwifty »

You should be able to use a compatible device on their network, and once its registered just swap it over to the EM7565. I had to do that with a MC7455 to get mine to work (it was a process issue with them activating me, more than a technical one).
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

Yes, I tried that with a tablet. Activated Sim with the tablet. Tablet was able to get to the internet.
Put Sim in Router, It did connect, and then shortly after Verizon De registered me.
I know the modem and router are fine as they presently are working on a ATT plan.
I could try to buy a used panatech modem & use that to get a line & then try that Sim. I don't mind spending the $20 if it would work. This is what I did with the tablet with no success.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Did you try the trick of setting the TTL to 64/65/117?

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=330
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

Yes, tried 64, 65 & 117. all had the same effect.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Sorry, I'm not a Verizon guy. That's the extent of my knowledge about Verizon. :(

I do have hotspot with them, but it doesn't have a removable sim. Is it possible that the APN information is wrong?
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

I am absolutely sure APN is Correct. it is the same as my tablet or phone. both on the same plan.
I would be interested on how the mc7455 owners get on verizon I would think it would be the same.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

Lbnaz wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:56 pm I am absolutely sure APN is Correct. it is the same as my tablet or phone. both on the same plan.
I would be interested on how the mc7455 owners get on verizon I would think it would be the same.
I had to get a supported 4G modem, and get it registered with that. Then move the sim into the MC7455.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

Thanks for the reply. Did you put Sim in the supported modem first or just use that modems IMED to get a sim?
I was thinking of getting a used Panatec modem off ebay and trying that.
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

This is what worked for me.
I have a (post paid) account--that is where they bill me monthly--I did try the (pre-paid) unlimited plan at $70.00@ month (to expensive) also it did show that it was in the 7455-but it was not a problem at the time as it was (unlimited)--that said---

I went back to my prepaid unlimited account-but my tablet sim was limited to 15 gigs hotspot use, so I used the link posted above, changed my TTL to 117--BIG shout out to Jim Helms--thank you sir!!

So my tablet sim on pre paid cost me $20.00@ month--with the hotspot use masked--$17.00@ month with military discount--can't beat that!!
Rocky

PS: forgot to mention, if you use the Pantech sim on postpaid--it knows it is a HOTSPOT only and limited to 15 gigs--The tablet on the account is truly unlimited-but if used as a hotspot then only 15 gigs--hope this makes (some) sense--let us know how it goes.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

RockyinNM.
I added a tablet to my unlimited account I have the type that I get billed monthly (I guess it is post pay). Tablet line is $20/month. Put the Sim in that to activate it. the tablet worked and got internet. I put sim in the router it connected up & then Verizon deregistered me. I think Verizon has changed something & is not allowing this anymore. Hot sopt usage for my plan is 15G. Is this the wrong plan type?
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

Lbnaz,
That sounds just like my account. When I go to Verizon site and go to data use, It shows my (4) devices.
I have (2) phones, and (2) tablets. I use one as a TABLET, the other in my ( ZBT-WE826 (16M)The PH number assigned to the tablets, when clicked on will show there use.

Before I changed my TTL to 117, my use would show up as hotspot use .Have you used your tablet, as a tablet, and looked at VZW site and seen it listed as such? Then maybe tether it to a laptop, and see if that use shows up as hotspot use.
My router maybe?? setup different, I did NOT build mine, (bad eyes)--PM me, I will try my best to help out.
Rocky

Stream all you want, you've got unlimited data

UNLIMITED PLAN (TABLET)
4G LTE only. After 15GB, during times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. Mobile Hotspot/tethering reduced to speeds up to 600Kbps after 15 GB/mo.
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

RockyInNM,
Thank for the reply, Yes my tablet shows on Verizon as a Verizon Ellipsis (that what it is). I haven't tried tethering it and checking hot spot use yet, I will try that.
I have seen some posts on you tube where there are some Verizon users (using verizon sim in a MOFI4500) having the same issues I have . Sure would like to understand what is going on.
Do you know what firmware you are running? Generic or Verizon Specific firmware?
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

swwifty wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 am I had to get a supported 4G modem, and get it registered with that. Then move the sim into the MC7455.
This worked with Em7565 on my plan. What I did was buy a used Pantech UML290 modem off of Ebay for $6. Went and got a Sim from Best buy. I then used the pantech IMED # to register the Sim on my account. I put the Sim directly into my WE1326 router with EM7565. I did not ever put this in the pantech.
Thanks for the heads up, I am a happy camper now.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

Lbnaz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 pm This worked with Em7565 on my plan. What I did was buy a used Pantech UML290 modem off of Ebay for $6. Went and got a Sim from Best buy. I then used the pantech IMED # to register the Sim on my account. I put the Sim directly into my WE1326 router with EM7565. I did not ever put this in the pantech.
Thanks for the heads up, I am a happy camper now.
Glad to hear this worked for you. I had an issue where I got put on the wrong plan initially and they wouldn't transfer it to the unlimited plan until I was using an "approved" device, despite their website showing the MC7455 worked just fine.
james1193

Post by james1193 »

How are your speeds with that SIM and plan? I've currently got a supposed "grandfathered unlimited" SIM that I picked up on eBay. I haven't noticed any throttling or deprioritization in the several months I've had it. I'm paying $65 a month which is not bad, but $20 would be even better!
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

james1193 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:08 am How are your speeds with that SIM and plan? I've currently got a supposed "grandfathered unlimited" SIM that I picked up on eBay. I haven't noticed any throttling or deprioritization in the several months I've had it. I'm paying $65 a month which is not bad, but $20 would be even better!
Lots of info here on my experiences with the unlimited Verizon plan: http://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=437&sid=534741d74f0abd9ce39a34a7dfe63917
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

james1193 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:08 am How are your speeds with that SIM and plan? I've currently got a supposed "grandfathered unlimited" SIM that I picked up on eBay. I haven't noticed any throttling or deprioritization in the several months I've had it. I'm paying $65 a month which is not bad, but $20 would be even better!
My speed varies based on location. i have only tried 2 locations so far. At my motorhome location I am getting 30 down and 15up. pretty good for what I want to do. I really haven't used it enough yet to see long term. I will start traveling in about 3 weeks so then I will have a good idea what it will do for me. I will update as I go.
Good Luck.
EverettCD
Been thanked: 0

Post by EverettCD »

How many GB's per billing cycle are you using with the tablet sim with the 7455?
Lbnaz

Post by Lbnaz »

I never used a 7455. I have a EM7565. I use this in a motor home when traveling. I think last month I used 22GB. I did not notice any throttling or restriction.
optymyze

Post by optymyze »

swwifty wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 am I had to get a supported 4G modem, and get it registered with that. Then move the sim into the MC7455.
I'm trying to get a LTE modem router setup on my postpaid Verizon plan as a tablet. Apparently the plan is only throttled under congestion from my most recent check here (and tablets get video up to 1080p):
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support ... plan-faqs/

Is this how you finally have yours set up? Or are you using PagePlus? Or are you using a 3rd party unlimited reseller?

I just purchased a Pantech UML290 in case I need it. Also, I'm purchasing the GLiNet Spitz X750 with Quectel EP06-A modem. This router allows me to easily change the IMEI with a simple command.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

optymyze wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:29 am I'm trying to get a LTE modem router setup on my postpaid Verizon plan as a tablet. Apparently the plan is only throttled under congestion from my most recent check here (and tablets get video up to 1080p):
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support ... plan-faqs/

Is this how you finally have yours set up? Or are you using PagePlus? Or are you using a 3rd party unlimited reseller?

I just purchased a Pantech UML290 in case I need it. Also, I'm purchasing the GLiNet Spitz X750 with Quectel EP06-A modem. This router allows me to easily change the IMEI with a simple command.
I have a direct Verizon unlimited plan. I set it up originally with the pantech on a Windows machine with VZmanger software. I then switched the sim to the MC7455 and it connected and worked as expected. You can't activate with the MC7455 as its not supported by Verizion, but still works with their network after you activate the sim in the Pantech.
optymyze

Post by optymyze »

swwifty wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:18 pm I have a direct Verizon unlimited plan. I set it up originally with the pantech on a Windows machine with VZmanger software. I then switched the sim to the MC7455 and it connected and worked as expected. You can't activate with the MC7455 as its not supported by Verizion, but still works with their network after you activate the sim in the Pantech.
Hm. Can you link me to this "direct Verizon unlimited plan"?! Or could you be more specific, I guess? I just want to be clear so that if I follow in your steps, I'll be good haha. We have 4 postpaid lines. Did you just add an extra one of those?
james1193

Post by james1193 »

Also interested to know this. I've been using a Verizon "Unlimited" SIM purchased on eBay for about a year with great speeds and a soft 750GB/month data cap. Was paying $65/month. Just got notice last month this plan was being discontinued, so in search of a replacement.. I just activated a new eBay SIM, also Verizon, and the speeds are unusable. It's a bummer because the old plan was great.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

optymyze wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:34 pm Hm. Can you link me to this "direct Verizon unlimited plan"?! Or could you be more specific, I guess? I just want to be clear so that if I follow in your steps, I'll be good haha. We have 4 postpaid lines. Did you just add an extra one of those?
I got it a while back, sometime last year, and then they discontinued it (like they often do).

I'm not sure what plans they have now, but I got it as a pre-paid line.
optymyze

Post by optymyze »

swwifty wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:28 am I got it a while back, sometime last year, and then they discontinued it (like they often do).

I'm not sure what plans they have now, but I got it as a pre-paid line.
Ah ok. Thanks for the update. I think I'll be trying PagePlus.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello.
If you do try pageplus please report in and let us know how it does. Very interested in how much it is deprioritized.
Thanks
james1193

Post by james1193 »

Not OP, but going through the same thing right now. Just activated my PagePlus SIM, and the results are not good. I activated the SIM using my iPhone's IMEI and immediately noticed the download speeds are significantly slower. Seems like a straight up throttle to me. Upload is actually fairly decent.

However, after activating and running some speed tests on my phone, I put the SIM into my router and it wouldn't even connect at all. Seems like PagePlus/Tracfone isn't allowing any network access to my Sierra EM7565. Restarted and retried a few times to be sure before putting the old SIM back in, which worked right away.

To recap my results so far:

Current VZW Plan**: 30MB download, 10-15 upload, overall very fast and 750GB soft cap. Speeds are the same on iPhone and EM7565.

VZW Prepaid: Similar to above VZW but only when used in a phone. When I insert SIM to the EM7565, speeds dropped to 1-3MB. Hardly usable.

PagePlus: Similar 1-3MB speeds as VZW Prepaid, but could not connect the EM7565 at all. Unusable for me.

** Current VZW plan is from a mystery eBay reseller, and is going to be terminated any day now... It is supposedly post-paid but I'm not sure. The reseller must have went under, so I need a replacement.

Next steps... Going to try and get a refund from PagePage (yeah, right) since I was stupidly optimistic and got the $55 plan upfront. If anyone else wants to try, I would strongly suggest the $12 plan to see if it works for you. 500MB of data should be sufficient for testing.

I am tempted to take my Current VZW SIM into a store and see if they can tell me what type of plan it even is, and if there is anything similar I can pay. I'm willing to pay more just to keep the good service I already have, since I really have no other internet options here besides satellite.

Beyond that, I may have to try a T-Mobile or AT&T MVNO. Coverage on those networks isn't nearly as good as VZW, but I can get one or two bars on my cell phone depending on my location in the house. Might be able to improve with better antennas. Curious to hear from anyone else using PagePlus though..
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

We have one Verizon unlimited data only reseller that we have worked for a couple of years. He said a few days ago that he still had a few slots open.

If you will reach out to us on the store via email, we will send you his contact info.
james1193

Post by james1193 »

Will do that, thank you as always Jim.
optymyze

Post by optymyze »

Hey Jim! You've probably seen me around posting on here. I've been posting about getting a signal from the top of my mountain down to our family in a hollow. You might have seen me on the Facebook group as well (Michael Blankenship). Would you mind getting me in touch with the Verizon reseller as well?

Side note: I'm super excited to get some stuff in and let you everyone know how it all works out. I have quite the unique situation having to make a 1000 ft wireless connection through trees as well! But I think I have it figured out!
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Send us an email via the store and we will forward your email to our reseller.

Be sure and share your new project with the group. Glad to have you onboard.
optymyze

Post by optymyze »

Done. Thanks Jim! Btw, I'll even be trying MIMO antennas through two boosters to the modem. I'm excited to see how that goes.
james1193

Post by james1193 »

Interested to hear about your experience with the antennas once you get things set up.. I get great decent signal according to my phone's signal indicator, but on average seeing 20-30Mb downloads, I feel like I could get that higher with a better setup. Band 13 here, and no CA from what I can tell.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”