Modem for WE1026-5G

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Greenday1

Modem for WE1026-5G

Post by Greenday1 »

So I'm looking to pair a modem with the WE1026-5G router. While the router shows a max download capable of 900Mbps the only modem surpassing that is the Quectel EM20-G card vs the Sierra Wireless EM7565 that tops out at 600Mbps. I understand the signal is the overriding factor of capability but all things being equal is the Quectel worth spending the extra $70 to take advantage of the additional 300Mbps? Is there anything else to watch out for with either modem? I'm already planning for the needed pigtails and PCI-E to M.2 card.

Thanks
BillA

Re: Modem for WE1026-5G

Post by BillA »

Greenday1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:32 pm So I'm looking to pair a modem with the WE1026-5G router. While the router shows a max download capable of 900Mbps the only modem surpassing that is the Quectel EM20-G card vs the Sierra Wireless EM7565 that tops out at 600Mbps. I understand the signal is the overriding factor of capability but all things being equal is the Quectel worth spending the extra $70 to take advantage of the additional 300Mbps? Is there anything else to watch out for with either modem? I'm already planning for the needed pigtails and PCI-E to M.2 card.

Thanks

In my opinion it's a good idea to get the highest CAT# modem one can afford, it will go a long way in the future.
I would definitely pay an extra $70 for an additional 300Mbps. Just make sure to get the proper M.2 to mPCIe adapter, and MHF4 antenna connectors.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

One other item worth noting is the WE1026-G5 uses SMB connectors for its antennas.

In order to install SMA Female connectors, the antenna connector cutouts have to be enlarged.

On other option is you use the MHF4 to UFL Pigtail Adapter cables where you can use the OEM router antennas (on the SMB connectors)
Greenday1

Post by Greenday1 »

Thank you both for the feedback. I'll get an order out tomorrow. I couldn't tell from the description for the router if it came with a power supply or if I had to order it separately.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Greenday1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 pm Thank you both for the feedback. I'll get an order out tomorrow. I couldn't tell from the description for the router if it came with a power supply or if I had to order it separately.
It does not come with a power supply. It comes with a 4 pin power connector with a few feet of cable to connect to a 12VDC Power Supply.

It also includes a 4 Pin connector to 2.1MM barrel adapter to use a regular router power adapter where electricity is available.
Greenday1

Post by Greenday1 »

Perfect. Thank you.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”