WG3526 + MC7455 (Verizon Prepaid Unlimited) - Cannot connect to certain sites

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
AaronAnnecchiarico
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WG3526 + MC7455 (Verizon Prepaid Unlimited) - Cannot connect to certain sites

Post by AaronAnnecchiarico »

Hi,
I just recently set up a WG3526/MC7455 combination with a Verizon Prepaid Unlimited Data Plan with the Sim provisioned from an iPad IMEI. I have had some trouble with disconnects but finally got it somewhat stable. The current issue I'm facing is that I cannot connect to certain websites. These websites are but not limited to: Google, Youtube, Twitter. I can access sites like Speedtest, and Bing. I am using the WiFix build of GoldenOrb running the 01_03_2019 build. The modem is set up in MBIM mode and I am using a TTL of 65 on the firewall.

I have tried many different firmware versions but the current one I'm running seems to be the most stable. Every firmware install was done using the factory reset method on the router itself booting to the Chinese screen.

Some other useful info:
  • My wireless signal for LTE reports as stable but I will update this post with the exact output.
  • I am getting disconnects using the router WiFi pretty frequently when making any distance from the router.
  • I thought it might have been a DNS issue so I set the configuration to use googles DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4)
  • I do see a little spark when doing a hard reset with the power to the modem and have such ordered a higher quality adapter ensuring a central positive polarity, but have cannot test it until it arrives.
I know this may seem like a lot but I can't exactly pinpoint the issue. I have a feeling it's a combination of a bad power adapter, and also a possible DNS issue. I would love to hear any feedback or if anyone else is struggling with this issue.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: WG3526 + MC7455 (Verizon Prepaid Unlimited) - Cannot connect to certain sites

Post by JimHelms »

Which carrier seems to have the issue with the websites?
AaronAnnecchiarico

Re: WG3526 + MC7455 (Verizon Prepaid Unlimited) - Cannot connect to certain sites

JimHelms wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:23 pm Which carrier seems to have the issue with the websites?
The only carrier I have tried is Verizon. Using the vzwinternet APN.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Several things about Verizon I will go ahead and mention.

Some have suggested having to use CAPS on the APN (i.e., VZWINTERNET). I personally do not think it matters...but who knows.

The TTL on Verizon may work best when set at 117. Since 117 is not a selection in the drop down, it will have to be added manually. This has been discussed before. Search the forum for TTL Rules 117.

As for best DNS servers to use you may try THIS technique to optimize your setup.

HERE is a list of DNS servers you might also try.

Curious, how is your signal stats. Run and post:

Code: Select all

AT!GSTATUS?
AaronAnnecchiarico

JimHelms wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 pm Several things about Verizon I will go ahead and mention.

Some have suggested having to use CAPS on the APN (i.e., VZWINTERNET). I personally do not think it matters...but who knows.

The TTL on Verizon may work best when set at 117. Since 117 is not a selection in the drop down, it will have to be added manually. This has been discussed before. Search the forum for TTL Rules 117.

As for best DNS servers to use you may try THIS technique to optimize your setup.

HERE is a list of DNS servers you might also try.

Curious, how is your signal stats. Run and post:

AT!GSTATUS?

AT!GSTATUS?
!GSTATUS: 
Current Time:  22402		Temperature: 48
Reset Counter: 1		Mode:        ONLINE         
System mode:   LTE        	PS state:    Attached     
LTE band:      B4     		LTE bw:      10 MHz  
LTE Rx chan:   2100		LTE Tx chan: 20100
LTE CA state:  INACTIVE    		LTE Scell band:B4     
LTE Scell bw:10 MHz  		LTE Scell chan:2350
EMM state:     Registered     	Normal Service 
RRC state:     RRC Connected  
IMS reg state: No Srv  		

PCC RxM RSSI:  -76		RSRP (dBm):  -106
PCC RxD RSSI:  -77		RSRP (dBm):  -107
SCC RxM RSSI:  -84		RSRP (dBm):  -103
SCC RxD RSSI:  -89		RSRP (dBm):  -113
Tx Power:      0		TAC:         B001 (45057)
RSRQ (dB):     -13.8		Cell ID:     02AF8016 (45056022)
SINR (dB):     11.4

OK
I have the TTL set to 117 and I enabled IPV6 then locked to LTE only which helped me on my ethernet connection. I still have some WiFi issues with accessing certain sites. I will try the DNS guide.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Did you eventually find a working solution?
While unlikely but certainly possible, an under powered power supply may cause certain weird issues, so you may want to try a quality 2.5 to 3 Amp @12Volt power supply.
optymyze

Post by optymyze »

Did you get this figured out?
Chungus23

Post by Chungus23 »

not connecting to certain sites was an issue I had with a device before and it was resolved by changing my connection to IPV4.

Return to “General and Unclassified”