Combining 2 identical pair of 88dbi 4G lte mimo antennas into 1?

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
DeUndefined1
Has thanked: 0

Combining 2 identical pair of 88dbi 4G lte mimo antennas into 1?

Post by DeUndefined1 »

Obviously I'm so new to having 4g lte speeds as my primary internet in which I intergraded 1 88dbi 4g mimo antenna onto my old directtv satellite dish at home for my Sprint Mifi 8000 with cat 18 technology. The mifi by itself works okay... So with the 1 antenna hooked up without the dish it was getting better speeds but the antenna is better off being on a dish, and I have a much faster speeds with the antenna mounted on the dish versus what I had been getting with my coolpad surf. But then I also bought another identical 88dbi mimo 4g lte antenna. Both have ts9 male connectors. You should know where I'm going with this, Aggregation... However, the Mifi 8000 only has just 2 ports. And I want to atleast double my speeds vs what I get now. So being that both antennas has 2 separate pairs of 2cm cables with 2 pairs of ts9 male connectors.... How could I combine both mimo 4g antennas? What all do I need?
BillA

Re: Combining 2 identical pair of 88dbi 4G lte mimo antennas into 1?

Post by BillA »

As I gather, you have two MIMO antennas with two connectors each, and you're trying to combine the 4 into 2.
You could use a special "RF combiner" box with the proper cable/connector adapters.
Chances are by the time you connect everything together, the losses from the combiner and adapters will be greater than the gains you would get by attaching it directly. You mileage may vary.
By the way, you should just use one MIMO antenna which I'm guessing already has two antennas inside, and use its two connections directly to the hotspot with the proper adapters.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”