WE826go with mc7455 - disappearing from network

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
dan.ciprus
Been thanked: 0

WE826go with mc7455 - disappearing from network

Post by dan.ciprus »

New router, see $SUBJ for details, disappearing from the network. Symptoms: wifi is available however IP connectivity is not. Trying to ping its IP address results into host unreachable. Anyone has any hints like to troubleshoot ? There is no serial connection, nor logs are being sent anywhere .. it just keeps doing it once a day. Router firmware - I received it at the end of Jan and never changed its firmware. Unfortunately I am not at home, can not provide details about FW however I remember seeing 11/2019.

thanks for any hints ...
BillA

Re: WE826go with mc7455 - disappearing from network

Post by BillA »

dan.ciprus wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:07 pm New router, see $SUBJ for details, disappearing from the network. Symptoms: wifi is available however IP connectivity is not. Trying to ping its IP address results into host unreachable. Anyone has any hints like to troubleshoot ? There is no serial connection, nor logs are being sent anywhere .. it just keeps doing it once a day. Router firmware - I received it at the end of Jan and never changed its firmware. Unfortunately I am not at home, can not provide details about FW however I remember seeing 11/2019.

thanks for any hints ...

You may want to try the latest GoldenOrb 2020-03-01 firmware which includes some stability fixes and updated modem drivers, flashed via the bootloader in order to refresh the entire system.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=6007#p6007

If that didn't fix the intermittent issue, then you may want to reflash the modem with the latest firmware.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=223
dan.ciprus
Been thanked: 0

Re: WE826go with mc7455 - disappearing from network

Post by dan.ciprus »

So just for a future generations ... I think the problem is/was in my power supply which was feeding 2A to the device. Apparently with higher traffic going through the router it became more hungry and drained more power which power supply did not survive. It's been 2 days and my router is working as it should and I even connected USB-C InseeGo 8800 on it. Also I have upgraded firmware on the router. Without the fw upgrade router was acting up as well so I am suspecting better power supply fixed the problem. I have connected 5A 12V adapter which should be more than enough to handle this little thing.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”