Wifix WE826 and Ubiquiti switch

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ironman_gq
Has thanked: 0

Wifix WE826 and Ubiquiti switch

Post by ironman_gq »

Currently have a Mofi up and running and have it connected to a Ubiquiti edgerouter that runs my wireless AP's scattered around the property. That worked with no configuration other than plugging the switch into one of the LAN ports on the Mofi. I would like to swap out the Mofi with a WE826 with an EM7565 running Wifix but I run into issues when I plug the edgerouter into one of the LAN ports, I can't establish a connection through the modem to the outside world. It'll occasionally work for brief periods but then goes dead, plugging a computer directly into one of the LAN ports on the WE826 works fine it's just a problem with anything connected to the edgerouter.

I've run this same ubiquiti setup at two different houses now, the last one I plugged it into the cable companies modem and everything worked and it works fine with the Mofi. Is there a way to get this working properly with the Wifix firmware?
BillA

Re: Wifix WE826 and Ubiquiti switch

Post by BillA »

ironman_gq wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:55 pm Currently have a Mofi up and running and have it connected to a Ubiquiti edgerouter that runs my wireless AP's scattered around the property. That worked with no configuration other than plugging the switch into one of the LAN ports on the Mofi. I would like to swap out the Mofi with a WE826 with an EM7565 running Wifix but I run into issues when I plug the edgerouter into one of the LAN ports, I can't establish a connection through the modem to the outside world. It'll occasionally work for brief periods but then goes dead, plugging a computer directly into one of the LAN ports on the WE826 works fine it's just a problem with anything connected to the edgerouter.

I've run this same ubiquiti setup at two different houses now, the last one I plugged it into the cable companies modem and everything worked and it works fine with the Mofi. Is there a way to get this working properly with the Wifix firmware?

Try disabling the DHCP server on the WE826's settings to prevent double NAT-ing, which could cause issues with the edge router. You could also try setting the WE826 to DMZ mode to let all ports pass through without any firewall.
ironman_gq
Has thanked: 0

Post by ironman_gq »

I tried following the DMZ tutorial and didn't have much luck, might have to try again. Is there a better way to set up a DMZ?
BillA

Post by BillA »

ironman_gq wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:37 am I tried following the DMZ tutorial and didn't have much luck, might have to try again. Is there a better way to set up a DMZ?
The most important thing is the have DHCP turned off, DMZ is optional but recommended.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "Is there a better way to set up a DMZ?"
There's only one way to set up DMZ, and that's by enabling the DMZ option, whether it's a drop down menu or a button selection.

Return to “General and Unclassified”