Cell Tower Height

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
radec

Cell Tower Height

Post by radec »

Anyone know an easy way to find the height of a specific cell tower? cellmapper doesn't seem to have that information, or at least not that I see. antennasearch has been down for a while for me, not sure if they have height or not.

Thanks

-radec
swwifty

Re: Cell Tower Height

Post by swwifty »

radec wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:23 pm Anyone know an easy way to find the height of a specific cell tower? cellmapper doesn't seem to have that information, or at least not that I see. antennasearch has been down for a while for me, not sure if they have height or not.

Thanks

-radec
antenna search was the best. there's other ways, but you have to have special access.

why do you need to know the height of a specific tower?
radec

Post by radec »

antenna search was the best. there's other ways, but you have to have special access.

why do you need to know the height of a specific tower?
I was messing around with google earth for line of sight. I almost have line of sight, but I was just making a random guess at tower height.
I guess I could just stop being lazy and go climb a tree with my binoculars to find out how high up my antenna needs to be. :lol:
radec

Post by radec »

has antennasearch been down for a while?
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

radec wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:25 pm I was messing around with google earth for line of sight. I almost have line of sight, but I was just making a random guess at tower height.
I guess I could just stop being lazy and go climb a tree with my binoculars to find out how high up my antenna needs to be. :lol:
it shouldn't matter how high the cell tower is, you want to put up your antennas as high as you can. Make sure they are at least above the roof line, and not obstructed by any nearby structures (other than trees.) That being said, sometimes you don't need to go 10ft above the roof line to have a good signal, but generally you need to be on the highest part of the roof, unless the tower is very close (less than or at a mile)

Return to “Towers, Frequencies and Bands”