Question on Service Provider

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
dan.ciprus
Been thanked: 0

Question on Service Provider

Post by dan.ciprus »

Hello,

What's your take on this provider? https://www.unlimitedinternetprovider.com/ claims that they have truly unlimited plans (ATT) and the only thing you need to pay is a SIM card + "activation fee" on their website. They are pretty responsive during business hours. Any experience with them ? My new place has options: Verizon, ATT, Sprint and T-Mobile - basically every provider has coverage. I believe I can get better signal with additional antennas/boosters but I will need something until I figure out "permanent solution". Good thing is that rural internet should be suffering until Oct 2020 when Starlink promised to start selling low orbit satellite internet :-).

Update: fixed misleading url above.
BillA

Re: Question on Service Provider

Post by BillA »

dan.ciprus wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:25 pm Hello,
What's your take on this provider?

The link in your title unlimitedserviceprovider.com doesn't seem to work (maybe a typo?)

Besides cost and coverage, you should pick a carrier carefully which will not throttle your speeds after a certain amount of regular or hotspot data usage.

The easiest way to tell if you have good signal in your home on a particular carrier without actually signing up for service, is by simply inviting friends over with phone service on all major carriers, and running a couple of speed test in and around the house (speedtest.net). Don't worry about the bars too much, sometimes even with one or two bars you could get decent speeds (LTE can be weird like that). Keep in mind, phones have tiny built-in antennas, so with a router's external antennas (even the short sticks it comes with), generally you should get better signal/speeds, provided that you use a CAT-6 or higher modem.

Verizon tends to have the most extensive coverage with normal speeds/average latency, but it's also the most expensive carrier, even their unlimited prepaid runs $65/mo. If you want to use the Verizon network without paying an arm and a leg, then check out Visible for $40/mo (low speeds, high latency), or PagePlus for $55/mo (normal speeds, average latency).
Then there's Tmobile/SimpleMobile for $50/month (high speeds, low latency), or ATT iPad plan $35/month (lower speeds, average latency), or Sprint for around $60/mo (normal speeds, average latency). In order to use some of these unlimited data services you will need a compatible OpenWRT router with TTL settings from thewirelesshaven.com, otherwise it simply won't work or you'll get throttled after just a couple of gigs. Happy hunting;)
dan.ciprus

Post by dan.ciprus »

BillA wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm The link in your title unlimitedserviceprovider.com doesn't seem to work (maybe a typo?)

Besides cost and coverage, you should pick a carrier carefully which will not throttle your speeds after a certain amount of regular or hotspot data usage.

The easiest way to tell if you have good signal in your home on a particular carrier without actually signing up for service, is by simply inviting friends over with phone service on all major carriers, and running a couple of speed test in and around the house (speedtest.net). Don't worry about the bars too much, sometimes even with one or two bars you could get decent speeds (LTE can be weird like that). Keep in mind, phones have tiny built-in antennas, so with a router's external antennas (even the short sticks it comes with), generally you should get better signal/speeds, provided that you use a CAT-6 or higher modem.

Verizon tends to have the most extensive coverage with normal speeds/average latency, but it's also the most expensive carrier, even their unlimited prepaid runs $65/mo. If you want to use the Verizon network without paying an arm and a leg, then check out Visible for $40/mo (low speeds, high latency), or PagePlus for $55/mo (normal speeds, average latency).
Then there's Tmobile/SimpleMobile for $50/month (high speeds, low latency), or ATT iPad plan $35/month (lower speeds, average latency), or Sprint for around $60/mo (normal speeds, normal latency). In order to use some of these unlimited data services you will need a compatible OpenWRT router with TTL settings from thewirelesshaven.com, otherwise it simply won't work or you'll get throttled after just a couple of gigs. Happy hunting;)
Apologies for misleading information, here's the correct url: https://www.unlimitedinternetprovider.com/. The intention here is to cover connection which is going to serve as backup so we are not completely disconnected from the world.

Well being known as a non-very-social person your point with having friends over will be hard to reach :-D. Buying a sim card and do some testing is the way to go and yes, I plan on doing so as soon as we get the keys from the property.
BillA

Post by BillA »

dan.ciprus wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:20 pm Apologies for misleading information, here's the correct url: https://www.unlimitedinternetprovider.com/. The intention here is to cover connection which is going to serve as backup so we are not completely disconnected from the world.

Well being known as a non-very-social person your point with having friends over will be hard to reach :-D. Buying a sim card and do some testing is the way to go and yes, I plan on doing so as soon as we get the keys from the property.

Looks like that unlimited website is selling the standard ATT iPad Data Pass service in an automated way, without having to fill out ATT's confusing sign-up form, which is fine. While testing that plan last year, I was only getting about 30Mbps down max with 5 signal bars, which is usually fine for most folks, course your mileage may vary. There are other carrier plans out there which will give you around 100Mbps, though at a higher cost (50 bucks or higher).
dan.ciprus

Post by dan.ciprus »

BillA wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:51 am Looks like that unlimited website is selling the standard ATT iPad Data Pass service in an automated way, without having to fill out ATT's confusing sign-up form, which is fine. While testing that pan last year, I was only getting about 30Mbps down max with 5 signal bars, which is usually fine for most folks, course your mileage may vary. There are other carrier plans out there which will give you around 100Mbps, though at a higher cost (50 bucks or higher).
This is what I initially thought too ... so this is just a ATT ipad plan for which subs is paying "extra" for handling the administrative portion of the plan. Assuming that I will be able to get "proper" signal I think that this could be a good option for backup connection. How about unlimitedville.com ? Any experience with them ?
BillA

Post by BillA »

dan.ciprus wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:51 pm This is what I initially thought too ... so this is just a ATT ipad plan for which subs is paying "extra" for handling the administrative portion of the plan. Assuming that I will be able to get "proper" signal I think that this could be a good option for backup connection. How about unlimitedville.com ? Any experience with them ?

I think unlimitedville.com is ridiculously expensive without providing much more than the ATT plan or other lower cost alternatives I have posted about earlier.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”