Rooter - Modem not present

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
SliverGT
Has thanked: 0

Rooter - Modem not present

Post by SliverGT »

My build is an RPi running the latest Golden Orb with an EM7565 modem in an The Wireless Haven M.2 USB enclosure. I've been testing it on the bench for the last couple of days to make sure everything is functioning correctly.

After disconnecting it and installing the equipment into a waterproof box the Misc. Modem Features page now shows no modem connected and it won't accept any AT commands.
miscellaneous.JPG
The Connection Log page shows Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1.
connection log.JPG
As far as I can tell the modem and router otherwise are functioning normally and all of the connection info on the status page looks fine.
network status.JPG
Debug info
Debug info.JPG
Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillA

Re: Rooter - Modem not present

Post by BillA »

SliverGT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:30 pm My build is an RPi running the latest Golden Orb with an EM7565 modem in an The Wireless Haven M.2 USB enclosure. I've been testing it on the bench for the last couple of days to make sure everything is functioning correctly.

After disconnecting it and installing the equipment into a waterproof box the Misc. Modem Features page now shows no modem connected and it won't accept any AT commands.
miscellaneous.JPG

The Connection Log page shows Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1.
connection log.JPG

As far as I can tell the modem and router otherwise are functioning normally and all of the connection info on the status page looks fine.

Any ideas?

This is one of those "WTF?!" issues moments, and probably right up Jim's alley. lol

It could be a number of things...
At the remote location I would check the antenna connections carefully both the external and internal cables attached or perhaps detached from the modem, and even try MBIM mode (I see that it's in QMI mode now).
Maybe there's not enough power reaching your remote setup, so as a quick test, I would bring it back to my work bench, power it up with a good 2-3Amp adapter and try to connect (maybe your remote power or POE is too weak).
I would connect the modem in an external enclosure directly to the pc to see if it connects then.
If still not working, reflash both the modem and the router two times with the latest firmware, and factory reset it.
And finally, drum rolls please... Give up! Nah, just kidding, I'm sure there's a solution.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

If it worked on the bench and not in the enclosure, I would lean towards a power issue, or lack thereof.

Are you using a good Ethernet cable that is capable of carrying the voltage required.

The part of not being able to enter AT Commands is strange.
SliverGT

Post by SliverGT »

I hooked everything back up on the bench which previously worked. Both the Rpi and 7565 have a 2.5amp power supply connected and not using POE. Same problem :mad: . Also tried restoring my previously backed up Rooter config which didn't fix it. It seems like some sort of communication problem between the router and modem. Thinking about trying to reset the 7565 next.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

I would reload the Rooter twice, and each time uncheck the box to save settings. And, reprogram the settings and do not use a backup file.
SliverGT

Post by SliverGT »

Reflashing the Rooter fixed it. :D

Thanks for your help!

Return to “General and Unclassified”