WE826-T2 Serial Connection Issue/Question

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
aimlesswanderer

WE826-T2 Serial Connection Issue/Question

Post by aimlesswanderer »

Hello,

I have a WE826-T2 router that I am trying to connect to the serial port with. I have soldered the headers for tx rx and gnd and have it connected to my PC. I am using teraterm and have set the connection settings to 115200 8n1. I have followed the instructions here: https://openwrt.org/toh/zbt/we-826.
For some reason I have been unable to get into the console. All that is displayed is garbage. I have followed the troubleshooting steps here https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.serial for the garbage output and nothing has resolved the issue. I have changed terminal types, changed baud rates, switched tx and rx, tried a laptop with a physical serial port and also tried a USB to serial and nothing seems to work. I end up with the same result. I also thought that it might be the router so I took one straight out of the box brand new and I have the same result.

I would appreciate any help or guidance anyone might be able to provide.

Here is a sample of what is output when I power on the router:

¿¿!¿755957åëRûûû»£??E¿5/9-¥9-
¿uoym¿_ym¿'=3!¿7åëRûûû»£?E¿!/9-A/97
¿UY{¿£¿±a5#±¿o!¿y!#¿¯aoym­¿wåëRûûû»£?E¿!/9-¥'=3!¿!/9-¥'=3!
¿q5#5¿_'=3!¿aoym¿y!#åëêûûû»£??E¿!/9-¥'=3!¿!/9-¥'=3!
¿#5¿UY{¿;¿1-57§¿=-1#57¿;¿#%;5¿åëûûû»£?E¿!/9-¥'=3!¿!/9-¥'=3!
¿-¿?§¿-!¿%5%¿9åëRûûû»£
¿/;¿¥
£
? ¿UY{¿/;¿3!#7åëRûûû»£
¿/;¿¥
£
E¿;9! ¿¿!¿755957åëRûûû»£
¿1-57¿#5¿-#5=95¿7¿;¥!15åë´"Z¿¥¿-#-¿¥åëRûûû«£E¿;¿¥
¿#5¿/-1/¥557¿UY{¿75-95¿#%;5¿¿¿5/9-¥'=3!åëRûûû«£E¿sssssss?
u
y
¿
ssssss??
9'5ZåëRûûû«£ ssssssw}åëRûûû«£E¿[=5/¿£¿¯\õ)'5GY);[59
¿åëI¿¿¿¿£
E¿Ye}yy[¿¥¥¿åëRûûû«£?E¿åëI¿¿¿¿£?E¿/
¿3?5åëHý¿¿¿£?E¿Ye}yy[¿¥¥¿
¿9??7=åëRûûû«£??E¿ywe}AyYqAysq¿¿?åëý¿¿¿£?
E¿/;¿¥sQwAysq¿¿åëRûûû«£
£
E¿/;¿¥ ¿UY{¿/;¿3!#7åëRûûû«£

Thank you.
effinpissed

Re: WE826-T2 Serial Connection Issue/Question

Post by effinpissed »

I have the same unit & have had connection problems with it since new using the Sierra modem. You might be better off taking the unit to a place that repairs Mofi units & pay them to fix it or just buy a unit that's guaranteed to work.
BillA

Re: WE826-T2 Serial Connection Issue/Question

Post by BillA »

aimlesswanderer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:50 pm Hello,

I have a WE826-T2 router that I am trying to connect to the serial port with. I have soldered the headers for tx rx and gnd and have it connected to my PC. I am using teraterm and have set the connection settings to 115200 8n1. I have followed the instructions here: https://openwrt.org/toh/zbt/we-826.
For some reason I have been unable to get into the console. All that is displayed is garbage. I have followed the troubleshooting steps here https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.serial for the garbage output and nothing has resolved the issue. I have changed terminal types, changed baud rates, switched tx and rx, tried a laptop with a physical serial port and also tried a USB to serial and nothing seems to work. I end up with the same result. I also thought that it might be the router so I took one straight out of the box brand new and I have the same result.

I would appreciate any help or guidance anyone might be able to provide.

Here is a sample of what is output when I power on the router:

¿¿!¿755957åëRûûû»£??E¿5/9-¥9-
¿uoym¿_ym¿'=3!¿7åëRûûû»£?E¿!/9-A/97
¿UY{¿£¿±a5#±¿o!¿y!#¿¯aoym­¿wåëRûûû»£?E¿!/9-¥'=3!¿!/9-¥'=3!
¿q5#5¿_'=3!¿aoym¿y!#åëêûûû»£??E¿!/9-¥'=3!¿!/9-¥'=3!
¿#5¿UY{¿;¿1-57§¿=-1#57¿;¿#%;5¿åëûûû»£?E¿!/9-¥'=3!¿!/9-¥'=3!
¿-¿?§¿-!¿%5%¿9åëRûûû»£

All that gibberish text could indicate that either your parity in the terminal is not set properly (try different setting 1.N,7 or 1,N,8), or the booloader is in Chinese. The fix the language, your would have to find some kind of international terminal and someone who could translate it for you (or copy and paste the text into Google Translate once you can see the correct Chinese symbols).

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”