2400-2700MHz WiFi 4G LTE 19dBi Directional MIMO Antenna (± 45° ) Port doesn't appear to be working

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
latic
Has thanked: 0

2400-2700MHz WiFi 4G LTE 19dBi Directional MIMO Antenna (± 45° ) Port doesn't appear to be working

Post by latic »

Hello,

Just edited this as I guess I'm having one of those weeks. After double checking my work some how I've managed to let a cable slip through which was indeed completely dead and causing issues.

In the rotation of the four cables I've some how missed testing the one cable correctly and that is 100% my issue.

Apologies for the error. Have kept the below in tact as it shows what can happen when you dont write stuff down!

<--- Original incorrect troubleshooting!!!
I purchase an antenna around 7 months ago and set it up on our building, but then left the country and have just arrived back. Since coming back I've been noticing issues which I've put down to sprint, but in addition to this I've done some testing today and noticed that one of the ports (port 1 on the antenna) does not appear to be passing a signal.

Are there any checks / tests I can do to confirm this beyond Gstatus?

I've had different cables being used (IPEX), different devices (Pocket Wifi, MC7455) and also different locations (On roof, in house, at front of house) and what I'm seeing is port 2 will provide a signal, if I then go ahead and swap the cable over to port 1 no signal is received at all.

Wanted advice on testing this and trying to see what the issue is I got the antenna direct from The Wireless Haven for $150 on April 2nd and I'd be surprised if its died this fast. -->
swwifty

Re: 2400-2700MHz WiFi 4G LTE 19dBi Directional MIMO Antenna (± 45° ) Port doesn't appear to be working

Post by swwifty »

Can you provide some ample outputs of your status command?

Also, do you have any other antennas to try, so you can confirm if this is an issue with the antennas or something else?
latic

Re: 2400-2700MHz WiFi 4G LTE 19dBi Directional MIMO Antenna (± 45° ) Port doesn't appear to be working

Post by latic »

Swwifty,

Have just edited my post. It looks like it was a dead IPEX cable.

Still have the MC7455 making a connection of about 35mbps and then dropping out until it reaches 340kbps, but I'm guessing this is something on the sprint end.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

Glad you got it figured out, sorry about the spring issues :(
LoffBione
Been thanked: 0

2400 2700MHz WiFi 4G LTE 19dBi Directional MIMO Antenna ± 45° Port doesnt appear to be working

Post by LoffBione »

What about foliage? Is it true the Omni antennas do better with foliage? Or do the log periodic directional antennas work just as well in foliage? Just dont have a way to space the Omni antenna apart really like they should be.
swwifty

Re: 2400 2700MHz WiFi 4G LTE 19dBi Directional MIMO Antenna ± 45° Port doesnt appear to be working

Post by swwifty »

LoffBione wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:18 pm What about foliage? Is it true the Omni antennas do better with foliage? Or do the log periodic directional antennas work just as well in foliage? Just dont have a way to space the Omni antenna apart really like they should be.
I'd go with directional antennas, since this is a fixed position installation. They will provide better performance as well.

Omnis are really meant for mobile situations.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”