FirstNet and Sierra Wireless Cards Not Authorized

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
robert.lawrence
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FirstNet and Sierra Wireless Cards Not Authorized

Post by robert.lawrence »

Hello all,
I need some help. I am a firefighter in CA with a specialty of communications. My team responds to wildland fires to provide overhead support/plans. Particularly my department doesn't provide any equipment. This is the case with most departments.

I recently started up an Individual Account with First Net. They verified my work email and ID card, however they (Firstnet) does not allow a Sierrawireless Card on an individual account. The card is a Sierra wireless EM7511. They will only allow iPhones, watches and crap like that. I went all the way up the technical supervisors and they all gave me that same answer. FirstNet said that card (EM7511) can only be activated on an agency account. The IMEI number of the EM7511 won't clear their system under an individual account. Our department/city only has an account with Verizon. I have a Verizon card, but want the failover ability. Plus First Net just installed a band 14 antenna at our training site.

My plan was to use the Em7511 card into an old sierra wireless OMG 2000 gateway mounted in a pelican box.

Question:
In what way does ATT use the IMEI information. In other words if I activate an old iPhone, can I then take that SIM card in put it into the EM7511 and get it to authenticate on Band 14?
Basically going around there stupid rules?

Since I am authorized to have a first net account, I am not illegally accessing the band or product. Just there stupid rules.

Thank in advance.

Rob
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: FirstNet and Sierra Wireless Cards Not Authorized

Post by JimHelms »

robert.lawrence wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:44 pm In other words if I activate an old iPhone, can I then take that SIM card in put it into the EM7511 and get it to authenticate on Band 14?
That should not be an issue with AT&T. They are actually pretty good at using about any activated SIM Card in any device.

I would try to get a phone for the activation that will receive band 14.
robert.lawrence
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FirstNet and Sierra Wireless Cards Not Authorized

Post by robert.lawrence »

OK thanks. I didn't know if first net did anything different.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”