MC7455 Max Amps

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
beausmith94

MC7455 Max Amps

Post by beausmith94 »

Hello,

For the MC7455, what is the maximum amps I can supply to the device? I am looking at powered USB hubs, and a lot of them have fast charging 3.0 hubs that supply 2.4amps. I don't want to blow the circuit if I plug into one of these/I don't want to buy one with this type of plug in case I forget someday and plug it in to the wrong port.

The MC7455 tech specs doc only supplies max voltage of 3.6V, but I can't convert into amperage without wattage/resistance.

-Beau
beausmith94

Re: MC7455 Max Amps

Post by beausmith94 »

Found my answer in the power consumption table. Looks like inrush amps is 2.5A, but maximum current is 1.5. So I should not plug this into a 2.4 amp usb with a 3. PCI adapter... I think.
mezmerizz0454

Post by mezmerizz0454 »

most homes have a 200 amp panel but your toaster only uses 1000w or so (8.3amp) it will only use the amount of amps it needs at a given voltage.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Found my answer in the power consumption table. Looks like inrush amps is 2.5A, but maximum current is 1.5. So I should not plug this into a 2.4 amp usb with a 3. PCI adapter... I think.
Your power supply amperage only effects your modem if "under powered". Power supplies do not put out "amperage", they put out voltage (in simple terms). Amperage comes into play when a "draw" is placed on the power supply.

If a device (such as a modem) demands 2.5 amps, it does so when in use. In standby mode it may only demand 1.5 amps.

The power supply for my router / em7455 is 6 amps. Never an issue. I went with larger to be on safe side, always best to have enough "amperage" on hand.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”