2 yagi or 1 MIMO antenna?

Questions and Support related to Antennas & Cables
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
henry18hn
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2 yagi or 1 MIMO antenna?

Post by henry18hn »

Does anyone know if using 2 of the 15 db flat panels at a 45 degree plus/minus performs better than a single MIMO antenna? Ive searched and havnt found any answers to this question.
swwifty

Re: 2 yagi or 1 MIMO antenna?

Post by swwifty »

This is all very specific to your location, distance from the tower, weather, etc, etc. A lot of factors.

The only way to know for sure is to try it. I would suggest maybe trying the MIMO antenna first if space/ aesthetics is a concern.
henry18hn
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by henry18hn »

Thanks. I have at least 5 towers 2 to 5 miles away, rural wooded area,. With 2 15dbi flat panels do work well alot of the time but I do get bounced around alot. Ill probably just order one and see.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

henry18hn wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:35 pm Thanks. I have at least 5 towers 2 to 5 miles away, rural wooded area,. With 2 15dbi flat panels do work well alot of the time but I do get bounced around alot. Ill probably just order one and see.
Only way to know for sure is try it. If you have a lot of towers nearby, it might help to have the highest gain antennas and point them at the best tower in your area for best performance.

Return to “Questions and Support”