Sprint x.ispsn sim

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
wayne
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sprint x.ispsn sim

Post by wayne »

Hi. I have a WE826 T-2 and an MC 7455 card and am trying to do a build. Following the instructions, everything goes fine (assembly, flashing the unit) until the APN. The APN for my Sprint sim is x.ispsn.

There I hit a wall. I hit a wall trying to use it in a Mofi, but finally got that to work with another card that is n.ispsn. So I know reception is possible from this location.

I have been told the x.ispsn card may be an IPv6 APN only.

Is there any way to set the router up to work with this card? Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wayne
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Sprint x.ispsn sim

Post by JimHelms »

It is true that some people claim the x.ispsn is ipv6 only and that this APN uses the 3G network for ipv4 address.

You can try to hard code the x.ispsn (via GoldenOrb's AT Command terminal) into the modem and see if it will connect:

Code: Select all

at!entercnd="A710"
at+cgdcont=1,"ipv6","x.ispsn"
Give it a minute and watch in the Debug window and see if it is passing the ipv6 APN to the modem.

If not, it is possible that GoldenOrb is overriding it by re-issuing an IPV4V6 APN.

In that case, a script will have to be modified per the logic in THIS tutorial.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Hi. Tried to hard code the APN. No luck. I'm not sure what I'm looking for in the debug window.

Tried to modify the script. Downloaded WinSCP. Every attempt to connect showed "connection rejected." I was using SCP. The browser connects fine, but this program would not.

Also, what light combination am I looking for. I have power (red) usb (blue, but nothing plugged there) and then wifi (blue), along with the Ethernet lights. I assume the third light is Internet?

As always, assistance appreciated. Thanks.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

wayne wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:50 pm Hi. Tried to hard code the APN. No luck. I'm not sure what I'm looking for in the debug window.

In the Modem > Debug Information > AT-Command Execution window, you can watch the AT Commands being sent to the modem. What you are looking for is on the initial startup, is whether the "IPV6" APN is being passed as opposed to the IPV4V6 APN.

You can also check and see if the IPV6 APN is staying programmed with this command:

Code: Select all

at+cgdcont?
Tried to modify the script. Downloaded WinSCP. Every attempt to connect showed "connection rejected." I was using SCP. The browser connects fine, but this program would not.
Are you using an ethernet cable to connect router to PC? Assuming you are running a version of GoldenOrb, you should not have an issue if using the correct IP address of 192.168.1.1 (unless it has been modified).
Also, what light combination am I looking for. I have power (red) usb (blue, but nothing plugged there) and then wifi (blue), along with the Ethernet lights. I assume the third light is Internet?
I would say that is correct. LED assignment is a function of whatever firmware is being used on the router.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Hi, again

First, the good news. I have access to a Verizon sim, and it works perfectly.

Now, the bad news. I still can't get x.ispsn to work on Sprint. The debug mode shows it is trying to set an IPV4V6 APN.

I tried using WinSCP again. This time on a different computer with a different Ethernet cable. Same result. Connection rejected. Using SCP at 192.168.1.1 with the username root and my password.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? I would really like to use the x.ispsn card with the modem (price difference is great). Can't use the Verizon card for anything but tests. But at least now I know the modem works.

As always, any help appreciated.

W
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

And you are plugging the ethernet cable into one of the LAN ports on the router, and the router is powered on?
wayne

Post by wayne »

Yes. Both LAN port and power.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

That is strange. I assume you are also using Port 22?
wayne

Post by wayne »

Yes. Port 22.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Anyone have any thoughts?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

The only other thing I might try is to reflash the GoldenOrb (using an ethernet cable) and make sure the Save Settings box is Unchecked.

Not sure if this will help, but it certainly won't hurt.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Will try and report back. Ty.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

A thought just crossed my mind. Have you set a password in GoldenOrb. It is possible the lack of a password will prevent you from accessing the router files or SSH.
bjames

Post by bjames »

JimHelms wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:06 pm A thought just crossed my mind. Have you set a password in GoldenOrb. It is possible the lack of a password will prevent you from accessing the router files or SSH.
I had this same issue with goldenorb when there was no password being used.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Will check
wayne

Post by wayne »

I gave up on the x sim. I obtained a sim with n.ispsn and after a few hiccups, it works fine. Ty.

Return to “General and Unclassified”