EM7565 speed issues on Sprint

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Mchccjg12
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EM7565 speed issues on Sprint

Post by Mchccjg12 »

Hello! Recently I have been having some strange issues with my EM7565.
At certain times of the day, usually in the very early morning, and again around 9 to midnight, speeds and latency will drop massively. I will normally get download speeds of around 80Mbps, but it will drop to around about 2Mbps or even less, and the connection monitor will mistake it for being disconnected and issue an at!reset.

While I at first thought it was just congestion on the tower... it seems to not be the case. After testing out putting the sim into my spare EM7455 while the 7565 was having speed issues, it ran at full speed. Same band, same channels, CA and all. Even both modems and antennas are indoors. The speed drop happening at certain times of the day leads me to believe something strange is going on, and it doesn't seem to have to do with the device itself, at least as far as signal and setup goes. Sadly, even though the EM7455 has better reliability on speeds, the disconnects it suffers prevents me from using it all the time.

Anyone else had any experience with this?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: EM7565 speed issues on Sprint

Post by JimHelms »

I would not discount it being a tower issue. This seems to happen a lot with Sprint.

Is the EM7455 using Band 41 when it operates properly, or is it dropping down to Band 25--which the EM7565 does not have.

Run the following AT Commands both when the modem is functioning properly and when it is not:

Code: Select all

AT!GSTATUS?
Mchccjg12
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EM7565 speed issues on Sprint

Post by Mchccjg12 »

Both of the modems are operating with the same bands, and the same upload/download channels. I had them both locked to Band 41, and both had CA active as well.

Which is why it's strange... the 7455 would operate at full speed, and the 7565 wouldn't. Yet later the 7565 would be fine as well, which makes it hard to tell what the issue is. My only guess is that maybe they're throttling/deprioritizing the device, and not the SIM?

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”