Correct cable and connectors needed.

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
easternnc4me
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Correct cable and connectors needed.

Post by easternnc4me »

I have the Netgear Nighthawk M1 hot spot that uses antennas with a TS9 connector. I plan on buying the 698-2700MHz Yagi Radome 9dBi-11dBi 4G LTE Directional Antenna listed on the online store:
https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/4g-lte ... l-antenna/

My questions are:
1. What specific cable do I need to run from the antennas to the hot spot?
2. What specific connectors do I need to connect the antennas to the cable?
3. What specific connectors do I need to plug in the cable to the hot spot?

Cable run length will be around 35-40 feet.

Links appreciated. If all of these things are available on this site even better. Thank you for your time.
swwifty

Re: Correct cable and connectors needed.

Post by swwifty »

I would buy LMR400 cable for that long of a run. You'll need one end with a N-Male connector for the Log Periodic Antennas you are looking at from The Wireless Haven (I use the same ones, and they are quite good for the price point).

The other end of the LMR400 cable can be SMA Male, and you'll need a adapter like this: https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/rf-connectors/s ... e-adapter/
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello.
I have a nighthawk m1 that I have used with same setup. Exact same fittings. Sma female to ts9 male. The issue I had is lmr 400 cable is very stiff and rigid. About impossible to keep fittings in the night hawk m1 when attached directly to the cable. They just pop out over and over. Ended up needing same type fitting but on jumper cables type. Just for the flexibility to keep them connected. Like this photo.
31qZ2qygoLL._AC_SY400_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
easternnc4me

Post by easternnc4me »

Thank you for the replies.
easternnc4me

Post by easternnc4me »

gscheb wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:47 pm Hello.
I have a nighthawk m1 that I have used with same setup. Exact same fittings. Sma female to ts9 male. The issue I had is lmr 400 cable is very stiff and rigid. About impossible to keep fittings in the night hawk m1 when attached directly to the cable. They just pop out over and over. Ended up needing same type fitting but on jumper cables type. Just for the flexibility to keep them connected. Like this photo.
31qZ2qygoLL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Where did you buy this?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Return to “Cellular Antennas”