ROOter Rejects Passwords (SOLVED)

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
effinpissed

ROOter Rejects Passwords (SOLVED)

Post by effinpissed »

This is my 2nd day trying to get my WE826-T2 router working. After many frustrating hours being walked through the flashing process by my tech saavy friend, I was able to get that accomplished. None of the web page images during the flashing process looked anything like those shown in the build tutorial. If it wasn't for the help from my friend I wouldn't have been able to figure it out.

This morning I've been trying to log in to the ROOter page to configure my router it but when I enter no password it rejects it or if I try entering the suggested passwords it rejects them. I tried clearing the cache in my browser but I got the same results: 'Invalid username and/or password! Please try again.' Is http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci even the correct address?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: ROOter Rejects Passwords

Post by JimHelms »

I would try using the user name and password on bottom of the router.

If the webpages do not look like what is in the images on the tutorials, you most likely have the OEM WE826 firmware still installed.

I would plug a ethernet cable between the PC and one of the LAN ports on the WE826-T2. Then, follow THIS starting with the middle section about upgrading the firmware.

It is not a complicated process, but the instructions must be closely followed.
effinpissed

Post by effinpissed »

The user name and password on the bottom of the router are root and admin. Root is entered by default and won't let it be changed and the password field is empty.

So are you telling me that when I clicked 'flash' during the firmware upgrade process the first time, it didn't effectively flash the router? Why didn't any of the images or instructions in the tutorial match what was happening on my computer before I tried flashing it? I selected the 11/18 version of GoldenOrb because I read that there were problems with the latest version.

Could choosing the wrong GoldenOrb version have caused the tutorial not to match what was happening on my computer? Which is the best version without bugs that has instructions matching the tutorial?
effinpissed

Post by effinpissed »

Well, I just attempted to perform-

STEP TWO: FLASH THE WE826-T2 WITH GOLDENORB FIRMWARE

To flash the firmware follow THIS TUTORIAL.

Once completed, return to this post to configure GoldenOrb.

I entered 192.168.1 1 and Voila! The login page doesn't look anything like the login page displayed in the tutorial (It didn't the first time either).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

You are using the ROOter version of GoldenOrb. This version requires the password to be left blank.

Try closing out your browser, open it, clear your cache and log back in.

The router has already been updated with GoldenOrb.
effinpissed

Post by effinpissed »

I did as instructed and left the password field blank:

Invalid username and/or password! Please try again.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

One of two things have happened. Either the Save Settings box was left checked when upgrading to GoldenOrb, or the password has already been set and saved after the install of GoldenOrb.

The easiest thing to do is to use the firmware recovery method, and reinstall GoldenOrb. That will assure the password will be left blank (assuming you use the same version of GOldenOrb as previously).
effinpissed

Post by effinpissed »

Thanks.
effinpissed

Re: ROOter Rejects Passwords (SOLVED)

Post by effinpissed »

Fortunately I was able to use the reset button following the instructions to hold the button in for over 8 seconds and whatever password was on the router was erased. The 11/18 version of the GoldenOrb firmware had installed correctly. I'm now able to login to start configuring the router. Thank you, Mr Helms, for your patience and instructions which helped solve the issue.

Return to “General and Unclassified”