Cellular Carriers - Bands, Frequencies and Carrier Aggregation

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Cellular Carriers - Bands, Frequencies and Carrier Aggregation

Post by JimHelms »

When selecting a 4G LTE Antenna for an application, it is important to assure the antenna covers a specific cellular carrier's bands and frequencies. This is an important consideration to take advantage of the internet speeds offered from carrier aggregation.

You may also contact your carrier to inquire about what bands are being utilized at a particular geographic location.

Below is a basic guide showing the bands and frequencies used by the major carriers in the US. It is available for download HERE

USA Major Carriers, Bands, Frequencies, CA.jpg

Below is a more detailed guide showing the range of frequencies for up-link and down-link of a band. It again reflects the importance of antenna selection. Notice how Sprint's Band 41 (which is considered at 2500MHz) should actually use an antenna that covers frequencies from 2496MHz to 2690MHz.

Bands-Frequencies 1-25 .png
Bands-Frequencies 26-43 .png
Bands-Frequencies 44-48 .png

Often times the bands overlap one another as shown below:

bands_1.png
Bands_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravetildon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cellular Carriers - Bands, Frequencies and Carrier Aggregation

Post by ravetildon »

sweet
Dwight S.

Re: Cellular Carriers - Bands, Frequencies and Carrier Aggregation

Post by Dwight S. »

Thanks. This explains a lot. I was looking at the bands available at my local tower and various antenna options. This really helps me.

Return to “Towers, Frequencies and Bands”