WE826 No Modem Present

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
tgoodwin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826 No Modem Present

Post by tgoodwin »

It was working fine then all of a sudden stopped working without changing anything. I just replaced the MC7455 modem and get the same message. I've factory reset and re-flashed the router and still get the same message. Figure I'd check here before offering the modem in the marketplace. Any ideas?
xdavidx

Re: WE826 No Modem Present

Post by xdavidx »

What is weird is that mine did the same thing! I haven't tried to mess with it yet, but the router just keeps rebooting, since it can't talk to the modem. I didn't change any configuration before it happened. I had mine temporarily outside. It was working fine. I unplugged it, brought it in to do some stuff and when I plugged it back in, no modem. Mine is a WE1326 and EM7565.

I think I saw another post of another user having this issue recently too. Not sure why a multiple would disappear like that around the same time.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Is the modem listed up under: MODEM > DEBUG INFORMATION > DEVICE INFORMATION
tgoodwin

Post by tgoodwin »

Not for me. My connection log is empty.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Same here. "No entries in log file"
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Hmm... that is strange. Just trying to see if something has changed the composition in the modem.

Being you just replaced the modem would seem to eliminate the possibility of it not seating correctly in the mini PCI-E slot.

I assume you are running some flavor of GoldenOrb?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

xdavidx wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:22 pm unplugged it, brought it in to do some stuff and when I plugged it back in, no modem. Mine is a WE1326 and EM7565.
Yours may possibly be the M.2 to Mini PCI-E adapter.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

I was going to take mine apart and reseat the adapter and modem. Might do that later today.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

I took my WE1326 apart, unplugged the modem from the M.2 to mini PCIe adapter and the adapter from the board, cleaned the contacts, put them back in, and booted the router. Same thing as before. It can't see the modem. I reset the router to chinese defaults, flashed GoldenOrb, and same deal. No modem.

I see you are out of stock of the adapters and I know there were issues with some batches around the time I ordered. Any recommendations for another one?
tgoodwin

Post by tgoodwin »

I have this one on my other setup.

I did the same before replacing the modem. Cleaned the contacts and made sure it was seated. I tried the WiFix and the stock GoldenOrb firmware. Ended up ordering a new router.

@xdavidx I'd be willing to send you my spare MC7455 to test with.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

So your modems work in your other router? If so, so weird that all the other router functions work, but not the communication to the modem.

I ordered a new adapter of a different brand. I'll see if that works. If not, I'll need to try to determine if it is the router or modem. Maybe one of my laptops has a mini pcie connection inside that I can test with.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

Wow, my old laptop (Dell XPS L502x) does have a mini PCIe slot. In fact, if the internet is to be believed, it has 2 of them - a half size and full size. I'm out for much of today, but maybe tonight I'll mess with it. If the adapter and modem work in the laptop, then I guess the router is bad. If it doesn't work in the laptop, then I'll try with the new adapter. If it works with that, then it was the adapter. If it doesn't work with that, then it is probably the modem.
tgoodwin

Post by tgoodwin »

It turned out to be the router. I put the modem in a new WE826 and am back up. Weird how everything else the router does was working except the port.
xdavidx

Post by xdavidx »

That's weird.

I haven't had time to test mine yet. I did get my new adapter in the mail. Maybe I'll find time this weekend.

Return to “General and Unclassified”