NEXP1GO with EM160R-GL Not Activating

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
cryptoknives99
Has thanked: 0

NEXP1GO with EM160R-GL Not Activating

Post by cryptoknives99 »

I’ve upgraded to the most recent version of WiFix for the NEXP1GO. Adjusted the typical settings (IMEI, APN, TTL, etc). I register the IMEI under my Verizon account. Appears to be pending activation until my device connects to the network. When I reboot everything the modem appears to be connected to the Verizon network fine until I try and pull up a webpage. It takes me to Verizon’s activation portal where I click to activate button and then it fails and says “Your Device Cannot Be Activated”. The IMEI is for an IPad Pro 10.5 and the sim is approximately a year and a half old. No clue why it won’t activate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillA

Re: NEXP1GO with EM160R-GL Not Activating

Post by BillA »

Try activating the SIM in the iPad first or an iPhone, then move it to the router.
larryb

Post by larryb »

I'm suffering the same issue here. Is changing the IMEI the only option to activate on Verizon?
BillA

Post by BillA »

larryb wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:30 pm I'm suffering the same issue here. Is changing the IMEI the only option to activate on Verizon?

Verizon is quite finicky when it comes to activation due to their weird CDMA/GSM system.
Most other GSM carriers like ATT and Tmobile activate fine in just about any device.

As I mentioned earlier, it's best to activate the SIM card in a Verizon or unlocked phone first.
Make a test call, test the web, then move the SIM it into the router.
Normally you shouldn't have to "repair" anything, but sometimes it won't activate due to an incorrect QMBNCFG settings.
Try settings it to "ROW_Commercial" or "hVoLTE-Verizon", reboot, wait 5 minutes, reboot then test the web.

AT+QMBNCFG="AutoSel",0;+QMBNCFG="Deactivate";+QMBNCFG="Select","ROW_Commercial"
OR
AT+QMBNCFG="AutoSel",0;+QMBNCFG="Deactivate";+QMBNCFG="Select","hVoLTE-Verizon"

In case it doesn't work, I have Verizon dealer lines available which activate in any router.
DM me or click on the contact bubble icon below my profile pic.
larryb

Post by larryb »

Sweet. Thank you. I have new a new verizon sim card coming and will give the above a try. I was wondering if part of my problem was due to the age of the sim card and the fact that the accounts it was previously attached to was long since expired. I figured it would be a good idea to start with a fresh SIM. I had to do the same with tmobile to get it to activate.
BillA

Post by BillA »

larryb wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:44 am Sweet. Thank you. I have new a new verizon sim card coming and will give the above a try. I was wondering if part of my problem was due to the age of the sim card and the fact that the accounts it was previously attached to was long since expired. I figured it would be a good idea to start with a fresh SIM. I had to do the same with tmobile to get it to activate.

It's seldom the age of a sim, but it doesn't hurt to try a new one. Sometimes expired sim's are deactivated permanently depending on the carrier, for example each Tmobile sim has a one or two year expiration date printed on the sim carrier card whether it's used or not. Expired cards can no longer be activated, it's a silly system. But once it's activated then it can last forever as long as it's kept active.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”