NEX1PGO can't save band locking

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
tetranz

NEX1PGO can't save band locking

Post by tetranz »

I have a NEX1PGO / WG3526-P router with a Sierra Wireless EM7565 modem. Purchased in August 2021.

Firmware is WiFiX-NEXP1GO-GO2023-12-02-upgrade.bin

I am not able to set band locking. I can uncheck some of those checkboxes but no matter what I do next, they always return to being all checked on.

I've tried it without or without "Restart Modem after Locking" on. I've also tried disconnecting the modem first. As soon as I refresh the page or go to another menu option and back, they're all checked on again.

I'm pretty sure this worked with a previous version of firmware.

I know it's kind of old now but it would be nice to have this working properly. I haven't used the router for a while but I'm getting it ready to use as a backup in our RV.

Just as a side issue, the Wi-Fi performance is disappointing. 5 GHz often fails to start after a reboot. Making changes to the Wi-Fi configuration such as changing SSID seems to kill the internet connection which is weird. It needs a power cycle to get things working again.

For now I've disabled both Wi-Fi and using a separate access point for the LAN.
BillA

Re: NEX1PGO can't save band locking

Post by BillA »

tetranz wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:20 pm I have a NEX1PGO / WG3526-P router with a Sierra Wireless EM7565 modem. Purchased in August 2021.
I'm pretty sure this worked with a previous version of firmware.

Try the latest GoldenOrb firmware from here.
ZBT-WG3526-GO2024-02-22-AB21.zip
http://aturnofthenut.com/autobuilds/ZBT ... 2-AB21.zip
or your can browse the latest files at:
http://aturnofthenut.com/autobuilds/

I would factory reset the modem for good measure using AT!RMARESET=1 or AT!RMARESET=OEM or AT!NVRESTORE=1 (depending on the firmware version).
If it's still failing to lock bands, you could try manual locking using AT commands.
I've seen some cases where it locks the bands properly, just doesn't display it properly (shows all the boxes checked).
tetranz

Re: NEX1PGO can't save band locking

Post by tetranz »

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”