NBR750 not recognizing modem/bad flash

Information related to Orbi routers
Forum rules
Use the search function prior to posting a topic on a subject that already exists
helmut
Been thanked: 0

NBR750 not recognizing modem/bad flash

Post by helmut »

Attempted to upgrade fw to R13 on NBR750 without taking the modem out. I moved the fw using SCP to /tmp/ in the router and used the QFirehose present in the router to flash, resulted in a bad flash :evil:
I can still ssh into the router but the modem/sim is no longer recognized. I can't send any AT commands dev/tty no longer shows any ttyUSB?
When I connect the to the web via ethernet the GUI shows a modem fw update available, it seems to flash fine but nothing changes.
Any help would be appreciated.
gilbreen
Has thanked: 0

Re: NBR750 not recognizing modem/bad flash

Post by gilbreen »

helmut wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:36 pm Attempted to upgrade fw to R13 on NBR750 without taking the modem out. I moved the fw using SCP to /tmp/ in the router and used the QFirehose present in the router to flash, resulted in a bad flash :evil:
I can still ssh into the router but the modem/sim is no longer recognized. I can't send any AT commands dev/tty no longer shows any ttyUSB?
When I connect the to the web via ethernet the GUI shows a modem fw update available, it seems to flash fine but nothing changes.
I am looking to do the same thing. Where is QFirehose located in the router?
BillA

Re: NBR750 not recognizing modem/bad flash

Post by BillA »

helmut wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:36 pm Attempted to upgrade fw to R13 on NBR750 without taking the modem out. I moved the fw using SCP to /tmp/ in the router and used the QFirehose present in the router to flash, resulted in a bad flash :evil:

In order to eliminated the SIM card, would test it in a phone to make sure it's recognized, and able to make a call and browse the web.
If still not working, it's may be a bad contact (rub a bit of WD40 with Q-Tip onto the sim contacts), or may be the modem or the main router board.
If the sim works, then I would reflash the router with latest firmware, factory reset it using the hardware button combination, then test the sim card again.
Unfortunately these all-in-one devices are more difficult to troubleshoot due to the tight integration of the components.
A modular systems like the InvisaGig modem along with a separate router makes it much easier to narrow down these issues.

Return to “Orbi”