MC7455 - stuck in loop

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
serverside

MC7455 - stuck in loop

Post by serverside »

Usually an AT!Reset fixes it, but it seems to be stuck in a loop now. I've been using this for years at this point with no issue. Woke up this morning, internet was fine for about 5mins and then it stopped working. Did the reset and router reboot, which usually fixes it but this time it's in a full loop.

Any thoughts?

Code: Select all

Thu Feb 22 06:55:31 2024 : /dev/ttyUSB2 AT+CPMS="SM"
+CPMS: 30,30,30,30,30,30
OK
serverside

Re: MC7455 - stuck in loop

Post by serverside »

False alarm, I just apparently was being impatient, usually it connects in under a minute, but connected in like 4 minutes this time.

I will say, I think it might be time for me to upgrade. I'm still on this card which is pushing like 8 years now, and still on the mobley plan, don't want to change the plan but wondering what cards will fit WG3526 routers or do I need to upgrade to that as well? I'd rather not spend 1k on all of this but 300 or so is fine.
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

I'm a huge fan of this device: https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/route ... -rm520ngl/

I know it's a bit higher than you stated. But it's SUPER simple to operate. You can change imei by just typing a new number in a line. Band locking is just by clicking boxes. And performance/speeds are top notch as well. I don't know if WH have some refurbs for a bit cheaper?
serverside

Post by serverside »

Orlimar1 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:06 am I'm a huge fan of this device: https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/route ... -rm520ngl/

I know it's a bit higher than you stated. But it's SUPER simple to operate. You can change imei by just typing a new number in a line. Band locking is just by clicking boxes. And performance/speeds are top notch as well. I don't know if WH have some refurbs for a bit cheaper?
That's not to bad, but a bit more than I want to spend. Big worry is, will it work with the ATT Mobley plan, I really don't want to have to use something else, as it's been rock solid for years and years with me, and I usually use around 1TB a month. Is there just a modem version of this? I don't really need the router part since I've got my own router built on DDWRT with all my tunnels and VLANs setup.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

serverside wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:33 am That's not to bad, but a bit more than I want to spend. Big worry is, will it work with the ATT Mobley plan, I really don't want to have to use something else, as it's been rock solid for years and years with me, and I usually use around 1TB a month. Is there just a modem version of this? I don't really need the router part since I've got my own router built on DDWRT with all my tunnels and VLANs setup.
[InvisaGig enters the chat]

https://invisagig.com
serverside

Post by serverside »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:52 am
serverside wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:33 am That's not to bad, but a bit more than I want to spend. Big worry is, will it work with the ATT Mobley plan, I really don't want to have to use something else, as it's been rock solid for years and years with me, and I usually use around 1TB a month. Is there just a modem version of this? I don't really need the router part since I've got my own router built on DDWRT with all my tunnels and VLANs setup.
[InvisaGig enters the chat]

https://invisagig.com
I'd grab one if they weren't $600. I'm not needing all the bells and whistles it's got. I'm find building my own device or buying one thats eth out only, no wifi or even router capabilities. So long as it works with my mobley plan.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Understood. You want to self build, support, and warrant. :) Pretty much what the cost of the InvisaGig is.

They have rj45 modem sleds on alibaba that you drop your own 5G modem into, or buy theirs, and use AT commands or opensource code to give it a web interface for sending at commands.
serverside

Post by serverside »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:49 am Understood. You want to self build, support, and warrant. :) Pretty much what the cost of the InvisaGig is.

They have rj45 modem sleds on alibaba that you drop your own 5G modem into, or buy theirs, and use AT commands or opensource code to give it a web interface for sending at commands.
Yea, it's what I'm running now. I'm just reading that the mobley plan is stuck on 4g it seems, so it might be pointless for me to upgrade :/
BillA

Post by BillA »

serverside wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:15 pm
Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:49 am Understood. You want to self build, support, and warrant. :) Pretty much what the cost of the InvisaGig is.

Yea, it's what I'm running now. I'm just reading that the mobley plan is stuck on 4g it seems, so it might be pointless for me to upgrade :/

Most carriers allow you to use 5G at no extra cost as long as your modem supports it (though there are some exceptions). You really won't know till you actually try it despite what they "say".
While the InvisaGig is a bit pricey, it's a great future proof modem, no whistles and bells, just an ethernet out into your router with a simple UI.
As the old adage goes "You get what you pay for". ;)
serverside

Post by serverside »

BillA wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:36 pm
serverside wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:15 pm

Most carriers allow you to use 5G at no extra cost as long as your modem supports it (though there are some exceptions). You really won't know till you actually try it despite what they "say".
While the InvisaGig is a bit pricey, it's a great future proof modem, no whistles and bells, just an ethernet out into your router with a simple UI.
As the old adage goes "You get what you pay for". ;)
Completely understand that, but fiber from my coop is coming to my area in 2025, already seeing them run lines, so I don't think I'll be on LTE modems for more than maybe 2 years. So that's also driving my decision.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”