Modem doesn't Band Lock

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
DeUndefined1
Has thanked: 0

Modem doesn't Band Lock

Post by DeUndefined1 »

Okay i got my wrt3200acm working on goldenorb based on openwrt. I have a em20g modem im using with it. But It's towers across the street from me but it's not wanting to band lock. And when i do try and band lock, it'll disconnect the modem and wouldnt reconnect. I would have to restart the router just to get it working but it didnt save my band lock. Im trying to band lock band 2, band 12, band 41 and band 66. Im on tmobile (through mobilecitizen). But for some weird reason it'll lock to 2, 12 and 17 and Tmobile don't support band 17. And also just in case, would I have to update my modem?
Rich Hathaway

Re: Modem doesn't Band Lock

Post by Rich Hathaway »

This is just a guess I do not have this modem or that firmware to know but modems/firms have a list of CA and single bands that are approved or written into the firmware so on most of them you need to either stay within those parameters or modify those files and make them match their config file then do your band locking and CA locking and most like it to be in order, the pic below was from a m2100 it will likely be similar in your firmware
for single bands many use a bitmask and have corresponding files that match in the efs these need to have all your bands your locking to already calculated and added to the bitmask or the device won't respect them.
cal.PNG
and the config for it is below
CA2.PNG
here you can see some of the bitmasks and mcc/mnc operators list in a sierra device(mr5200)
these need to match the bitmasks in the efs
ca bitmask.PNG
anyway hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dude4Linux
Has thanked: 0

Re: Modem doesn't Band Lock

Post by Dude4Linux »

DeUndefined1 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:26 pm Okay i got my wrt3200acm working on goldenorb based on openwrt. I have a em20g modem im using with it. But It's towers across the street from me but it's not wanting to band lock. And when i do try and band lock, it'll disconnect the modem and wouldnt reconnect. I would have to restart the router just to get it working but it didnt save my band lock. Im trying to band lock band 2, band 12, band 41 and band 66. Im on tmobile (through mobilecitizen). But for some weird reason it'll lock to 2, 12 and 17 and Tmobile don't support band 17. And also just in case, would I have to update my modem?
I have a ZBT-WG3526 (16M) with a Sierra Wireless MC7411 modem running the latest stable release of GoldenOrb 2023-08-03.

I recently found a problem with band locking on the latest stable release of GoldenOrb. I switched to GoldenOrb because I was having problems with the WiFiX firmware. I suspect the same problem is present there.

Since the initial installation, I've been struggling to get the Bandlocking feature of the GUI to work properly. Any changes made to the selected bands are reverted back to the original bands after the modem is reset. Originally, I thought that it was due to the MC7411 not being fully supported. I found that the correct commands were being issued, but the settings weren't permanent. I know the AT commands are correct, because they work when I enter them one at a time at the AT-Command Terminal.

Eventually I noticed the following error in the system logs:

Code: Select all

Sat Jan 13 10:16:36 2024 user.notice Lock Band 1: AT!BAND=11,"Test",0,0,42,0,0,0
Sat Jan 13 10:16:36 2024 daemon.err uhttpd[3879]: /usr/lib/rooter/luci/lock.sh: line 338: 0: not found
Sat Jan 13 10:16:39 2024 user.notice Lock Band 1: AT!BAND=00;!BAND=11 OK
Examining line 338 of lock.sh, we see the following:

if "$flg" = "0" ]; then
which looks like a malformed If statement. After replacing the line with the correct syntax, the bandlocking GUI works as expected.
Hope this helps.

if [ "$flg" = "0" ]; then
I was unable to find a way to patch the GoldenOrb firmware, so I resorted to the tempory fix by adding the following lines to /etc/rc.local

# Fix Bandlocking
sed -i 's/if "$flg" = "0" ]/if [ "$flg" = "0" ]/' /usr/lib/rooter/luci/lock.sh
This appears to survive a reboot.

Return to “Quectel Modems”