Calyx on NEXS2GO With Sierra EM9191

Internet Speed Test Results, Links, and Discussions
Forum rules
Use the FORM MODE button to post
veritas24

Calyx on NEXS2GO With Sierra EM9191

Post by veritas24 »

I'm pretty happy with my current setup using NEXS2GO router and Sierra EM9191 modem with Calyx - getting about 100 mb/s speeds on average. I used to travel in my RV full time, and so needed a portable Internet option. It's crazy how when you're in a super good 5g spot you can get upwards of 300 mb/s but usually I'm limited to majority 4g.

That said, it seems like I'm hitting the peak of what 4g is able to do at 100 mb/s which is great.

If anyone has advice on TTL settings, antennas or anything else - I'm all for it. Looking into upgrading my antenna for the EM9191, and trying to see if I can find a booster that will boost 5g. I think my Amazboost booster can only boost 4g.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: Calyx on NEXS2GO With Sierra EM9191

Post by Didneywhorl »

You can get higher on 4G, it all depends on the towers and what speeds the provided bands are capable of on those towers. Your modem is capable of aggregating many LTE bands. Using a single 5G stand alone band, and aggregating a single 5G band with LTE bands.

Th cell towers you have access to, on the other hand, may or may not be able to provide more speed on the combinations of bands that the modem supports.
(IE: a new 5G phone may be faster, but only because it can use even more bands together, or specific combinations of bands that weren't available when the EM9191 was engineered)

A good solid signal via a powerful antenna is a good step in the right direction for using all that you can with what you have.

In the end, 100Mbps is plenty for most anyone.
veritas24

Post by veritas24 »

This is great advice! I currently have an Amazboost cellular booster that supports 5 bands, but was thinking of getting a stronger and broader booster that can support 8 bands and more square feet.

I was curious - do you know if it's possible to put the antenna on either sides of my house, use a coaxial 2 to 1 splitter, and run a single cable into the booster in my house?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

No go on that. I responded on your other post.
veritas24

Post by veritas24 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:41 pm No go on that. I responded on your other post.
Thank you! For some reason the Wireless Haven site hasn't been working for me. Any idea what's going on?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Something got stuck. Loads now.

Return to “Speed Tests”