MR1100 in a very weird state, no WiFi/tether, says name is AC81xS

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
robertwojo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MR1100 in a very weird state, no WiFi/tether, says name is AC81xS

Post by robertwojo »

I have a MR1100-2A1NAS that will not enable WiFi and I can never tether it on my Mac (although on PC I success). I've tried flashing generic then back to AT&T firmware to no avail. When making changes in the UI for WiFi nothing happens, it'll say restarting WiFi but refreshing goes back to Disabled and the LCD shows the same.

If I root it I can load /etc/init.d/wlan modules and then see the wlan0 interface, and if I run "dx -c Wlan.WifiSupported Primary" then it enables 2.4Ghz it seems. The other modes, I think "PrimaryGuestAux" (from memory) enables both bands in the UI, but the LCD will not show WiFi enabled. This does not seem to persist and things still aren't right overall after this and I usually have to factory reset to get back in.

The menu also shows the device name type as AC81xS which is very... generic. Haven't seen this before.

Any ideas of what is going on with this unit?
Rich Hathaway

Re: MR1100 in a very weird state, no WiFi/tether, says name is AC81xS

Post by Rich Hathaway »

sounds like you need to load a full firmware back to it, I assume you are loading spk files? they are not full firmware think of them as more of an update file. someone may have loaded some files from another device to it, maybe the nv perhaps, this would explain the wifi not working as it depends on a "good" nv to work.
Hjinseattle

Post by Hjinseattle »

I saw the AC81xS on the admin portal after I run "AT!NVDEF".

Did a factory reset , it went back to normal.
robertwojo

Post by robertwojo »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:12 pm sounds like you need to load a full firmware back to it, I assume you are loading spk files? they are not full firmware think of them as more of an update file. someone may have loaded some files from another device to it, maybe the nv perhaps, this would explain the wifi not working as it depends on a "good" nv to work.
What's the best way to do a full firmware load?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

The best way is to erase it from 0 to 7ff then send a proper loader then send a proper hello and upon getting a proper response write it back from 0 to 7ff, then upon completion, your device will have 100% new firmware with all parts being written.
RollingStone

Post by RollingStone »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:23 am The best way is to erase it from 0 to 7ff then send a proper loader then send a proper hello and upon getting a proper response write it back from 0 to 7ff, then upon completion, your device will have 100% new firmware with all parts being written.
Hello, could you explane. I have same problem.

I have MR1100-100EUS (Device Name "AC81xs"). Looking for full firmware load solution.
and where can i get correct firmware? Could you help me?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

I am not ready to give my files for this device away yet I am still using them, I had to make my own for it.
RollingStone

Post by RollingStone »

Anybody can help?

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”