Cudy LT18 VPN

tswebb71

Cudy LT18 VPN

Post by tswebb71 »

I just wanted to give a PSA for any of you struggling to get a VPN to work on your Cudy LT18. I recently purchased the LT 18 and loved it, at least until I attempted to add a VPN to it. It seemed that no matter what I did, it would not connect. I contacted Nord vpn and sent them the logs. They couldn't get it to work. I contacted Cudy and sent them multiple logs to no avail. Finally, after several days of frustration, Cudy sent me an updated firmware and it worked perfectly. So, if you are struggling with a VPN (open vpn) let them know and, hopefully, they can send you the fix.

Cheers
Orlimar1

Re: Cudy LT18 VPN

Post by Orlimar1 »

Thanks for the update. That's cool that they took your issue seriously and worked so quickly to resolve it.
tetranz

Post by tetranz »

I wonder if they'll make the update public. Their download page https://www.cudy.com/lt18_software_download is still the 2023-04-20 version.

What VPN software does Nord VPN use? Is it OpenVPN, WireGuard or what?

For what it's worth, the standard firmware seems to work great with Windscribe on both WireGuard and OpenVPN although, unfortunately, speed on OpenVPN seems to be limited by processing power.
tswebb71

Post by tswebb71 »

Nord VPN uses OpenVPN

Return to “Cudy”