MOFI 5500 MODEM UPGRADE TIME

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
SteveOOO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MOFI 5500 MODEM UPGRADE TIME

Post by SteveOOO »

Im looking to pull the plug on my Mofi 5500-7690 and install a EM9291 X62 5G modem in hopes to get cleaner internet C band Verizon 1/4 mile and T-Mobile 3/4 mile away. Now with that said my latency is through the roof (loaded down/up around 150ms) will this work foremost and how about improve the Latency issues…

As for external antennas I now own 3 (2-waveforms and 1 Dual MIMO Outdoor Antenna) of them it only made the problem worse, I suspect that due to me being so close to the towers.

I have 2 providers:
T-Mobile @ 300/50 Latency 150ms no/5G
Verizon @ 60/30 Latency crazy w/5G Home available

Thanks For your input before I waste another 500 on this modem.. The system works great in the RV on the hwy but home it sucks grrr

Thanks Everyone
SteveOOO
Didneywhorl

Re: MOFI 5500 MODEM UPGRADE TIME

Post by Didneywhorl »

It MIGHT improve latency, but do you have another device against which you create a benchmark?

A phone (hotspot mode)?

Using the same device to run the same test for your speeds and latency test a phone or other device to see if the problem is your device or your location.
It's generally the cell network that is the latency issue, but not always.
SteveOOO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SteveOOO »

Didneywhorl, very good point, I ran that test off the phone (verizon) that was worst download 800ms upload failed wow...... Verizon Home Box 30/10Mbs Download was 170's & Upload was 17ms. grrrr Must be running some other Bands

Note: I do have a cheetah unite 5G but that is not working ether X55 modem.... The only thing I can come up with is ether im to dang close to the towers or Verizon is running something else for the C-Band

Thanks Again
SteveOOO
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

It sounds like you have a terrible backhaul config from your tower to the main data infrastructure trunk. Tower issue, Verizon issue.

I would call the SHET out of Verizon and complain that their network is borked. It may take some time, but 'the squeaky wheel...'

You might also be getting grouped in an IP range that is WAY far from you.

When you run IP lookup tests, where does it say you are located?

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ says my Verizon Home Internet is coming from Atlanta Georgia. I'm in Middle Tennessee.

My PC has WiFi enabled, so it can use other location data to better locate me, so speedtest.net knows to use Nashville, TN servers for tests.
My ping times on the last test I ran where 41/296/124 ms (Idle/down/up). Not great, not bad, pretty good.

If you can get the latest in 5G phones getting good ping times and speeds, then I would focus on the internet modems and upgrades/replacements.

Return to “MoFi Routers”