SunComm SE05 Pro settings for Verizon unlimited Pre paid jetpack

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ExxTest

SunComm SE05 Pro settings for Verizon unlimited Pre paid jetpack

Post by ExxTest »

I've tried looking and cannot find anything .. i did find an year old post for a earlier version router and modem viewtopic.php?t=3821
but not sure this would be much help so i thought i would ask first ...
The pre paid plan is the ONLY thing available where we are and the tower is crowded but slow downs were not really noticeable .. For years i've used a jet pack with a Soho Pepwave but have had 2 batteries swell and we are not here all of the time so I decided for safety we need a LTE router ... Tried a Max BR1 and found out that ( the sales person conveniently forgot to mention ) because it's not a Official Verizon product not only do we get slowdowns but are now at the bottom of the priority list which at times is totally useless ... I finally found out that if i found a LTE router that can alter the "personality"... i should be able to get the old "priority" speeds that I get with the Jetpack that i own ... The personality change was straight forward and easy but i cannot get the SE05 (AX3000) to recognize Verizon ...I'm totally new to this and totally lost so if anyone has any experience or can help it would be greatly appreciated ...

I have no idea what the Numbers mean but i'm trying to give as much info as i can to get alittle guidance, Thanks

Qualcomm SDX62 Chipset IPQ5018

Quectel
RM520N-GL

OpenWRT Mesh+ running M01M43-1.5.4-230406-173738-sysupgrade
Didneywhorl

Re: SunComm SE05 Pro settings for Verizon unlimited Pre paid jetpack

Post by Didneywhorl »

I've heard from a lot of people with problems with the Qualcomm version of that router. Usually wifi and reboots related.
The mediatek version seems to work pretty well.
The wireless haven mods their mediatek version and call it the NEXPRO.

Make sure you turn off the auto apn of the modem (at+qmbncfg="autosel",0)

Then ensure your APN is set to "VZWINTERNET" and that your imei is in fact matched to your registered device.
ExxTest

Post by ExxTest »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:54 am I've heard from a lot of people with problems with the Qualcomm version of that router. Usually wifi and reboots related.
The mediatek version seems to work pretty well.
The wireless haven mods their mediatek version and call it the NEXPRO.

Make sure you turn off the auto apn of the modem (at+qmbncfg="autosel",0)

Then ensure your APN is set to "VZWINTERNET" and that your imei is in fact matched to your registered device.
Thank you for the reply ... I followed this viewtopic.php?t=1703&start=20 ( the original poster.. which i seen your name mentioned so thank you for that :) ) ...After the Commands i did get a connection but the speeds were terrible ... i hooked up an original jet pack that i have and the speeds are good ... so i can only assume something is not playing right ... I've been battling this thing for years so it's just another knotch for the Karma gods to get me ... I purchased this for someone else and decided to try it here to see if i should replace the pepwave BR1 which is driving me nuts with the De-priority ...When i get home i think i will put a call into Wireless haven ...I found this https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/route ... nz8T3IGJTE ... is this the model you mean ??? At this point paying the extra for support and a working router without having to lose my sanity is worth it ... Thank you for the help ...
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Yep, the NEXPRO is the one.

Return to “General and Unclassified”