T-Mobile w/ MoFI5500+EM9191

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
driversaurus

T-Mobile w/ MoFI5500+EM9191

Post by driversaurus »

Does anyone have recent experience getting a MoFi 5500+EM9191 working on T-Mobile ?

I am using a monthly (non pre-pay) data plan on a 5G Inseego hotspot (which works great, as long as I don't need an antenna). I have verified with T-Mobile that I can use this SIM in a different device, and have given them my IMEI to provision on that SIM.

When I configure the device for 5G T-Mobile, watching the status screen refresh, I see the connection go up for one refresh cycle, then it fluctuates to a lower power, then it drops completely (errors opening the serial port). Then, it repeats the process. If I configure for 4G only, it connects and stays connected, but I still experience some connectivity issues every 10 minutes or so.

If I insert an AT&T 5G pay as you go card that I have a hotspot plan on, it connects as 5G, and I get pretty good throughput (60mbps down/20mbps up) considering that I only have a 1 bar connection.

T-Mobile didn't see anything on their end.

I've worked with MoFi, and I think I have exhausted their ideas.

I looked at the syslogs, and I see a cycle of what looks like the SIM (or maybe the module) being inserted, and removed over and over.

Suggestions?

Are there other modems that are known to work with T-Mobile? Like the Quectel one that is on Wireless Haven?
Didneywhorl

Re: T-Mobile w/ MoFI5500+EM9191

Post by Didneywhorl »

I use the heck out of Tmo SIMs in all of my test rigs and full time rigs.

This bugger will work basically out of the box: https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/route ... -rm520ngl/
driversaurus

Post by driversaurus »

Has anyone used the T-Mobile $50 for 100GB plan on the Magenta Max with it?

I'm sure that is a fine unit, but I'm a bit apprehensive at this point, due to not being able to return it due to carrier issues .

It wasn't until after I bought this one that I found all of the other people who couldn't get this running on T-Mobile.

Thanks,
John
driversaurus

Post by driversaurus »

@Didneywhorl - I ordered one. Looking forward to getting it set up!

John
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

If you need any help with it, post here in the forum and/or shoot me a message anytime.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”