Help! Cudy 18 no longer connects to Calyx T-mobile

johnintenn
Has thanked: 0

Help! Cudy 18 no longer connects to Calyx T-mobile

Post by johnintenn »

I have a Cudy LT18 running the Calyx t-mobile sim out of my MiFi 2000. Was running fine until I did a modem reset. Now I have nothing. It will not connect at all. Sim shows as “Ready.” I checked to make sure everything was set as before in “Cellular/APN” screen. Tried Manual APN setting. Nothing is working. As I remember I originally did not have to make any changes to the Cudy and just put the sim in the Cudy and didn’t have to change the IMEI on the Cudy. APN was set at Auto on Cudy. Cudy came out with a firmware update. I installed it. Speed was still high but got some slow streaming on Youtube, etc. Went back to the previous firmware and all was well again. I read on Cudy’s site from another person who was having dropouts that Cudy support suggested a modem reset, and that fixed his problem. I tried the reset and now I have nothing. I live in Nashville, and with the older firmware I was connecting to servers in Chicago, Virginia, Denver, Minneapolis, and California. With the new firmware it connected to servers in Nashville area. APN's are B2B.tmobile.com and fast.t-mobile.com. The sim works fine with both of those APN's if it is put back in the M2000 hotspot. Before I did the reset I did a backup. I have tried just about everything including loading the backup. Nothing works. Old firmware and new both do not work. Something must have changed in the modem reset or maybe t-mobile saw the different IMEI when it was reset and is now not allowing the Cudy to connect?
I am desperate to get this fixed. I work out of my home and my wife is disabled. Speed with the Cudy was 60-100 down and now with the MiFi 2000 is around 5.
Do you know how to make the imei adjustment using the AT Commands on the Cudy? I know people have done it but I cannot find the instructions anywhere. Any information you need please let me know. I have a picture of the Cellular/APN settings screen when it was running fine but I am not being allowed to attach it. John
Cellular APN screen settings when running originally good.
Enable - ON
Data Roaming - ON
Sim Slot - 1
Network Mode - Auto
PDP Type - IPV4/IPV6
Band Select - ON (only t-mobile bands selected)
APN Profile - Auto
Didneywhorl

Re: Help! Cudy 18 no longer connects to Calyx T-mobile

Post by Didneywhorl »

Shoot me a message
johnintenn
Has thanked: 0

Re: Help! Cudy 18 no longer connects to Calyx T-mobile

Post by johnintenn »

The fix for my problem was that t-mobile changed something where they started denying service if the IMEI was not the IMEI of the supplied hotspot. Magic was done on the Cudy and it instantly worked.

Return to “Cudy”