Quwireless aplm4-h cables unlabled

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
gedi223
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quwireless aplm4-h cables unlabled

Post by gedi223 »

I'm currently using a quwirelesss aplm4-h antenna with tmobile nokia trashcan. I'm going to try running an rm502q-ae I ordered WH last year for a different plan.

I realized that when I got the antenna, none of the cables were labeled. At the time, I did not have the knowledge to realize a difference and just put things together.

I'm wanting to order the updated Wifix ADM4 1DP638x8 antenna on WH, but have to wait a couple of months.

After the long ramble, my question. How do I know which cable is 1,2,3,4 so that I can pair 1,3 and 2,4 with 1/2 and 0/3 ports on the modem without taking it apart (I'd have to not only take the antenna down, but pull all the cable back out, then put everything back so much easier to wait for the replacement and do everything then)

I do have ports 1,2,3,4 labeled on the nokia and was connecting to b2 and n41. I assigning numbers to the antenna cables and tried every pairing combination, but really showed no difference in signal strength on either band or change in average of 3 speedtests.

I asked quwireless and was told "It didn't matter"

Any suggestions?
Didneywhorl

Re: Quwireless aplm4-h cables unlabled

Post by Didneywhorl »

Id say if they said it doesn't matter, it's likely they are correct.

But Id pair them based in which of the two backplane circuits they are soldered to.
gedi223
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Quwireless aplm4-h cables unlabled

Post by gedi223 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:40 pm Id say if they said it doesn't matter, it's likely they are correct.

But Id pair them based in which of the two backplane circuits they are soldered to.
But their data sheets show a 1,3/2,4 pairing, so I didn't understand why they stated it didn't matter. Plus, how can you call it a mimo antenna without 45 degree polarization?

I'd love to pull it apart and trace the cables, but I'd have to climb up a 15ft pole, and pull the cables up a wall, through a wall, into the attic, and then to the outside. Im to fat to do that for fun. I'll just wait until I can order the new antenna.

I just wish there was a simple way to test mimo function.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”