MR1100 on ATT Firstnet...very slow compared to my phone

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
gettinold
Been thanked: 0

MR1100 on ATT Firstnet...very slow compared to my phone

Post by gettinold »

I have an MR1100 -2A1NAS and a Firstnet Cell phone.

I can put my LG phone right next to it and pull about 200mpbs download on Band 14 for the phone and on the same band/tower for both devices and only get 50MBPS for the MR1100. I am getting 5 bars of signal for both. I put them both outside for my testing.

I band locked the MR1100 to band 14 and it still behaves the same. It is slow on all bands as well. Doesn't matter if I use wi-fi from the unit or use the Ethernet port on the laptop. The results are very repeatable.

I am guessing that I bought a bad used one on ebay?

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Rich Hathaway

Re: MR1100 on ATT Firstnet...very slow compared to my phone

Post by Rich Hathaway »

mr1100 like most data devices is throttled and has several watchdog files to control its speed, they can't have you blazing a fast trail in the interwebs on 30 devices now, can they.
Everything these days is about control, control for everything from how you can use your data to how you take a wiz.
It can be dethrottled and the generic build will prob speed it up some for you and is easy to get and load.
gettinold

Post by gettinold »

I tested my phone in a given spot and got 200GB download consistently on band 14. I then turned on the hotspot to my phone and connected the MR1100 to it via wifi a few inches apart. I was only getting like 40mpbs.

Was that basically for the same reasons you mentioned or for some other reason? I can get up to 100MBPS on my bandlocked 2/12/66 1A1NAS MR1100 and this MR1100 2A1NAS is not too far behind using the same methodology.

Thanks so much for your post!
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Well if you want to know you need to be sure of what you are looking at, so I would suggest checking the band and CA status of both the phone and m1 make sure they are identical otherwise you will be comparing apples to oranges if the m1 is not on the same band lock it to the same band and CA status, then compare them both again.
gettinold

Post by gettinold »

What I am more specifically trying to get at is:

I take my Firstnet phone and get 200mbps download speed. I then connect another phone to the hotspot via wifi. The that phone only gets 40mbps download off of the Firstnet phone. Is that because of those files you were talking about? Seems it would be.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Well to find out you need to do what I said first and make sure they are both using the same bands and ca status, otherwise the difference may be simply the 2 devices are using different configs/bands
Kambo
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kambo »

You need to use your Mr 1100 with external router with openwrt or Rooter firmware ,adjust TTL and HL try 65 if there is no improvement try 64 it depends on your setup also try to change your laptop TTL to 64

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”