IPQ6000 based routers.

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Dazed-and-Confused

IPQ6000 based routers.

Post by Dazed-and-Confused »

It would be nice if IPQ6000 devices were supported by Rooter DD-WRT or someone else. As it is I am stuck with the Chinese developed version of Open-WRT which is old as I understand it.

They are decent devices more worthy of inclusion than some I have used.
Didneywhorl

Re: IPQ6000 based routers.

Post by Didneywhorl »

The problem is the Chinese manufacturers are choosing chips not supported by openWRT. If there is no official image for openWRT, Rooter generally wont spend time on making an image. Many of these IPQ chips have come out over the last few years, the Chinese manufacturers modify their 2015 toolchains and make old openWRT 17x firmware work on it and try and sell them as the next greatest thing. Unfortunately locking you into their bootlegged firmware and they want to charge you thousands for firmware changes and never really give you any access to the firmware base. Heck, sometimes they don't even give you SSH access. Terrible.
Dazed-and-Confused

Post by Dazed-and-Confused »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:30 am The problem is the Chinese manufacturers are choosing chips not supported by openWRT. If there is no official image for openWRT, Rooter generally wont spend time on making an image. Many of these IPQ chips have come out over the last few years, the Chinese manufacturers modify their 2015 toolchains and make old openWRT 17x firmware work on it and try and sell them as the next greatest thing. Unfortunately locking you into their bootlegged firmware and they want to charge you thousands for firmware changes and never really give you any access to the firmware base. Heck, sometimes they don't even give you SSH access. Terrible.
I've just ordered a router with this chip. I think the software is the bad point, or very bad point.
Hikaru_

Post by Hikaru_ »

If you want something mainline-ish, there are various forks that add support for this. robimarko is probably gonna upstream this in the future though.

https://github.com/kirdesde/openwrt_rob ... 60xx_devel

It's on linux 5.15 and has most stuff working like cpu scaling and temperature sensors.

Return to “Firmware”