Wireguard VPN Config on Cudy LT500

Mikfrase
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wireguard VPN Config on Cudy LT500

Post by Mikfrase »

I have a NordVPN subscription, I understand and see the NordVPN supports Wireguard as does the LT500. Is there a more detailed VPN config guide/instructions for the LT500. What router is intergraded into the Cudy LT500? Do I need to install different O/S into the LT500 to use Wireguard?
Didneywhorl

Re: Wireguard VPN Config on Cudy LT500

Post by Didneywhorl »

Look under the general tab in the web UI there should be a VPN button towards the bottom. I think that is where it is. The Wireguard option should be there.
Mikfrase

Post by Mikfrase »

I am able to navigate the VPN GUI, I know Wireguard is in drop down, NordLynx is same as Wireguard. I cannot find any configuration help on how to select the options/settings and setup the Wireguard Client in the LT500 to connect to my NordVPN subscription. as anyone done this? Ant whitepapers/help? Is there any detailed guides on any of the LT500 config features. What Router is in the LT500(OS)
Mikfrase

Post by Mikfrase »

I ended up opening a ticket with NordVPN folks. They stated they are still working on expanding Manual setup for NordLynx(Wireguard) for LT500. No ETA on when that development will be ready. I am going to move to using Raspberry Pi with NordVPN subscription.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

So I started playing around and obviously their NORD openVPN file used on the LT500 is plug and play, but were talking wireguard.

The problem I see is that they need to provide the proper keys, and they have almost zero wiregurd info for that. Even though the servers have a link that says Wireguard, it just takes you to their generic router install page with zero wireguard info. Without those keys you can't do anything.

At least that's as far as I got.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Based on this toturial:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/instruction ... nwrt/89976

It seems if you can get it working in Linux or on an opened up openWRT router, you can get the info needed to populate your LT500 with the correct settings.
MaryDonal

Post by MaryDonal »

I've heard a lot about VPNs having compatibility issues with some devices or applications. That's why I suggest using a proxy, as proxies are faster and more stable. I have been using proxies for a few years now and am happy with it. It is especially important to choose good proxies. I have 5g proxy installed on my phone. Proxy is a very versatile tool. I use proxies to automate some processes. Proxies are also great for hiding your real location.

Return to “Cudy”