Below is an edit to the original instructions per some changes from Didneywhorl's post
This should work for Quectel Modems EC25-AF, EP06 and EM12
Before you start this might want to set back to OEM state if you been putting other commands in to start off fresh.
- Set modem to its OEM state Command = AT+QPRTPARA=3
- Follow up with OEM state command per Didneywhorl Command = AT+QPRTPARA=1
- Place SIM card into the appropriate SIM slot.
- Power up the router and give it time to fully boot up
- Login to the WebUI of the router
- Navigate to the menu: Modem--> Connection Profile
Under Default Profile --> APN, enter : vsblinternet
Click "Save & Apply" button at the bottom of the screen
- Navigate to the menu: Modem -- > Miscellaneous. We are going to use the AT Command Terminal
- Enter the "AT-Command" = at+cgdcont?
- and press enter
- The number of output +CGDCONT: items listed will need to be replaced. Mine above has 3 of them. These are called "PDP Contexts" and are numbered as they are referenced. To reference context #3 you would say AT+CGDCONT=3, followed by a series of parameters.
This illustration shows 3 but if yours has 6 or etc do that that many times changing that one number like the picture below.
Ours has 3 so we will run 3 commands:
This is the simplest way to do this. Run one command at a time
- Next set it to MBIM Protocol Command = AT+QCFG="usbnet",2
- Stop Auto select config on sim detetion Command = AT+QMBNCFG="AutoSel",0
- Disable MBN config Command = AT+QMBNCFG="Deactivate"
- Set to 4g LTE only Command = AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",3,1
- Reboot the modem Command = AT+CFUN=1,1
(Or just power cycle it by unplugging and re-plugging in the power cord)
After this the TTL that works for Visible is 64
Also for good measure copy and past this shown below in to custom rules
Tab to the left of custom TTL settings called custom rules.
#start TTL rules
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 64
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 64
ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65
ip6tables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 65
#end TTL rules
Once mine was going for what ever reason it "seemed" to help video streaming if I used cloudflare dns on the router that was using for WiFi
Clound flare DNS is below
If you are using your rooter router for WiFi here is a link of where to set that at.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=19 ... =10#p10732
Further more if you are using one of the WE826 versions. And you like to see the little blue world light come one when it connects to service see this post here:
Also have noticed it helps Visible service to keep it a "Fresh" connection. So have been setting up auto reboots. This will only work with Quectel modems. Sierra Wireless require full power cycle to reconnect.
Look under "Services / Scheduled Reboot". Make sure your time is correctly set, enable and choose a time for reboot.
Pick a time to reboot when no one is using it like every day at 4:30am for example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.