nexs2go/em7565 prebuilt package - scan button

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
dale7417
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

nexs2go/em7565 prebuilt package - scan button

Post by dale7417 »

I bought this package to replace a MOFI4500v2sim7.
I also bought a refurbished tablet to be "legal" with my ATT Tablet Add-on Elite Plan sim I've had for 2 yrs. I never did magic on the mofi. And it worked OK until recently when I started getting frequent disconnects. As a side note I also have a TMHI Nokia Tower. I would switch between them depending on whichever one was being "stinky" at any point in time. Lately they both have been problematic.

I believe I have performed magic correctly on the EM7565. I see desired IMEI on the Rooter.

I have moved the sim into its new home. And am now working on tweeking. Trying to understanding the band locking and CA (I did not have CA on the mofi).

I have a connection on B12 with the EM7565. Not the fastest currently.

I haven't hooked up my external antenna yet. Wanted to see how things worked first without. Even with the antenna on the mofi ,It didn't greatly increase my speeds but helps a bit. I am geographically challenged being on the wrong side of the hills from all the ATT towers near me.
I do not get 5G at the house. ATT nor Tmobile.

There is a SCAN button . If I pick that . I will loose internet connectivity. And I have to reset the Modem to get it back.
Nothing appears in the box below the SCAN button.
Is this normal with the EM7565 modem ??
Am I suppose to see something in the box under the SCAN button.

I was hoping I could see all the neighbor cells on this setup like I could on the mofi.
Is that possible with the nexs2go/em7565 combo??

Is band locking done by checking/unchecking the band boxes ?? I was hoping I didn't have to go thru trial and error on all of the ones
with check marks. Do I need to do the BAND AT commands to lock ?

If I remember correctly from the mofi I only had about 4 att bands that would show up as seen. I might need to power that back up and run those things again.

Is there a way to tell if my cell towers support CA before trying CA ? And will the modem/router automatically CA if available or do I also need to try out those AT BAND commands one by one.

Thank you so much

Return to “WiFiX Routers”