NEXQ6GO remote access over LTE

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
meassick

NEXQ6GO remote access over LTE

Post by meassick »

I have a NEXQ6GO with a EM12 modem using a T-Mobile business plan. I have been able to get DDNS working (using the free service through duckdns.org). I would like to remotely login to the router for administrative purposes. I can obviously log into the router from the LAN, but cannot get access remotely over the internet. What do I need to do to gain access
19e34f
Has thanked: 0

Re: NEXQ6GO remote access over LTE

Post by 19e34f »

Believe it or not, is very likely you’re behind a proxy and the IPv4 you see that you’re sending to the DDNS provider is the one after the proxy server. This is something a lot of carriers do due to the IPv4 exhaustion, so your best bet (and probably also the easiest one) would be to install ZeroTier and create a free account.

Or you could set up wireguard and do it manually instead. Let me know if you have any questions.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Look into Zerotier
meassick

Post by meassick »

I am using ZeroTier on various devices (windows, Mac, android, LT18) with great success. According to the Rooter website ZeroTier is available for the firmware. Is it part of the firmware for the NEXq6GO or can it be added. If so, how?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

meassick wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:09 am I am using ZeroTier on various devices (windows, Mac, android, LT18) with great success. According to the Rooter website ZeroTier is available for the firmware. Is it part of the firmware for the NEXq6GO or can it be added. If so, how?
It takes a few steps, but... https://github.com/mwarning/zerotier-openwrt/wiki

I've done it on the NEXP1GO but not on the NEXQ6GO. Should be the exact same though.
meassick

Post by meassick »

The steps outlined in the github link works fine on the NEXQ6GO

Return to “WiFiX Routers”